Thread: BF XR6T with 4 speed auto

Tuner

BF XR6T with 4 speed auto

I have a BF XR6T conversion in a XH ute. Running of a NA ecu with turbo logic enabled, etc. Everything works OK with no boost control.

I want to upgrade to BF XR6T ecu so I can get closed loop boost control working and to fix the cruise control. Its really jerky & it constantly hunts throttle up/down with cruise control on with the NA ecu and I've found out that FORD reference the boost sensor in the up-pipe for the cruise on the turbo models.
    I connected all the extra wiring for boost sensor and wastegate solenoid but I can't get any data from the sensor. its seems as though the ecu I'm using doesn't have the physical hardware drivers on the ECU to read the sensor.
    I've tried VCM Scanner and forscan and theres just no signal. It appears that you can't connect extra boost sensor or wastegate solenoid to a NA ecu.

It looks as though the BF turbo never had a 4 speed auto option. I've found the BF XR6T manual ecu's have the parameters in the strategy for the 4 speed BTR.

Has any tried using a BF XR6T manual ecu with a 4 speed (with auto enabled)?
    Or with a BF XR6T 6 speed auto reflashed with a manual strategy?
    I'm looking at buying an ASU-224 ecu.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Literally just went through this. If you want boost control and a BTR your only option is BA Xr6t ecu.

I heard here-say that you can use an NA ecu and you can and mine ran great but no boost control. Was annoying modifying the BF harness to suit a BA ecu as the Auto is on plug A not C like BF.

Tuner in Training
    Alternatively you could go aftermarket boost control. But yes the NA ecu will run the car fine provided the tune is adjusted accordingly.