Thread: VCM Scanner Mismatch to Tune Exhaust Cam Angle

Potential Tuner

VCM Scanner Mismatch to Tune Exhaust Cam Angle

Hi All,

I've been trying to track down some cam timing issues and have run in to a bit of a snag.

For an E39A ECU, the tune varies between 0 and 6 degrees for the exhast cam position (for the high barometric map, which I am currently in). However, when I'm logging the Exhaust Cam Position in VCM Scanner, I'm getting significantly higher values.

Is there a multiplier or some other modifier to these cam tables that I'm missing somewhere that would account for the discrepancy?

Tune and Log are linked below
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    your intake cam tables jump between 12 and 6. seeing a value around there in your log
    the engines really dont need that kind of definition. make all your intake cam table positions the same. copy paste low/med/high to match. this disables table drift.

see if that helps. the 4 cyl lnf, ldk engines have 4 cam tables and we make them all the same because cam drift between the tables is a big problem. the cams really only need to be plotted against two axis to have great definition so zoning them across 3 tables just adds a 3rd axis of bullshit.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman