Thread: 4.0 lt N/A ba falcon drift car

Potential Tuner

4.0 lt N/A ba falcon drift car

hi guys
    new to this my hp tuner will arrive this week sometime and my first project / play around is,
    i am wanting to try achieve a "ghost cam" affect at idle just for shits and giggles but potentially this car will be a drift car and was wondering if anybody has any ideas for a decent tune for drifting. (engine is standard only has extractors and sports exhaust.
    thank you

Tuner in Training
    I don't think HP tuners will able to give you ghost cams at this stage as some of the cam timing scalers are not defined.
    I had a customer also wanting ghost cams. Wasn't able to achieve. There would be a table which allows a min and max at idle etc. I tried setting cams to 50 degrees retard at idle and logging didnt show what I commanded. Car idled like stock.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by supersedan6 View Post
    hi guys
    new to this my hp tuner will arrive this week sometime and my first project / play around is,
    i am wanting to try achieve a "ghost cam" affect at idle just for shits and giggles but potentially this car will be a drift car and was wondering if anybody has any ideas for a decent tune for drifting. (engine is standard only has extractors and sports exhaust.
    thank you
    Try PCMTEC for ghost cam. You won't do it with HPTuners.
    I used to run a BA NA engine in my XH ute for a while, managed to squeeze a 14.9 @ 94mph pass out of it with a 2.5" exhaust and cold air intake.
    The best place to start with yours for a basic NA tune is to enable the OCTANE option in the VID block and take advantage of the extra 4 deg ignition advance in the VID OCTANE ADJUST table. You should really use 98 fuel too.
    Next I would install a wideband sensor and then with VCM scanner log your commanded AFR and compare to actual AFR. Get these the reading the same by adjusting the High Slope on the injectors. You could then play around with the open loop fuel base table to lean it off a bit at 100% throttle. You really only need lambda 0.86-0.88 for a NA motor to make good power. (12.6-12.9:1 afr). I think they are way too rich from factory.
    Open up the airbox some more. I found an XR6 turbo snorkel plus a 3" hole in the bottom of the airbox with a pipe going to the front bumper helped drop the intake restriction by a lot.
    At the track I picked up .4 of a second and 3 mph over stock just by sorting out the fuelling and adding a little extra timing.

When rear-wheel drive, the distribution of the tables is usually better balanced, transmitted on the rear axle makes the car behave better in curves. On the other hand, rear-wheel drive is known for the fact that cars equipped in this way are ideal for controlled skidding, but those who are not necessarily fans of drifting can wake up in situations where the car seems to run out of control, but for drift and a perfect gift for a thrill seeker in perth is perfected rear-wheel drive that makes a millionth sensation if you are a good drifter.
    Last edited by lerkabogl; 08-11-2021 at 04:46 AM.

Potential Tuner
    How do you enable the octane option? Can't find it anywhere