Hello,
I have a 6L80E out of a 2008 Yukon XL in which I am replacing the torque converter, front pump, some valve body components and probably some additional internal components. I am not all the way through the rebuild process yet. This is a stock rebuild although I am upgrading components that are less than ideal or known to fail. The transmission might see some towing through the mountains at most. I understand from the post linked below that the fast learn process has been removed from GM Tech2 software.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post295148

Since GM has removed the fast learn process from their Tech2, has anyone found that it is reasonable to skip the fast learn process on a near stock rebuild?
Do the adaptive values still need to be cleared if a fast learn will not be performed? I am assuming that disconnecting the battery no longer clears the adaptive values.

I am trying to decide between purchasing a decent scanner (Snap On or similar) and purchasing an HP tuner for the vehicle in order to clear the adaptive values and possibly go through the fast learn process (if necessary). Currently I don't have the time to dig into learning the HP Tuners software and 6L80E calibration but perhaps I would later.

Can the scanner functions of the HP software be used on more than one vehicle?

Does the HP Tuners software / hardware allow for the installation of GM transmission software upgrades?

Thank you for any help.