Thread: 94 chevy 1500 4l80 question

Potential Tuner

94 chevy 1500 4l80 question

we have a 94 chevy 1500 that we swapped a 02 5.3 in and a 4l80, well the harness has the 7 pin neutral safety switch cut out of it is there a place to tune this out on the hp tuners or do I need to re pin it in?

Thanks

Its a safety thing. I'd re-pin it back into the harness. You should be able to find this section of harness in a junk yard and with some soldering skill and shrink tubing, it'll be your best course of action, IMHO.

Rick

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kody29 View Post
    we have a 94 chevy 1500 that we swapped a 02 5.3 in and a 4l80, well the harness has the 7 pin neutral safety switch cut out of it is there a place to tune this out on the hp tuners or do I need to re pin it in?

Thanks
    Going by memory here but the seven pin is just p/n switch, BTSI solenoid and reverse lamps. If you are using the 02 start relay you will need to run a start signal from the 94 p/n switch purple wire to the primary coil on the 02 start solenoid instead of to the starter solenoid. If you are using the 94 start system as wired you?re all set. You don?t need the 7pin as all of its functions are taken care of by the column mounted p/n switch. I don?t believe any of the 7 pin wires are pcm inputs. Those all come from the smaller white connector.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Oydllay View Post
    Going by memory here but the seven pin is just p/n switch, BTSI solenoid and reverse lamps. If you are using the 02 start relay you will need to run a start signal from the 94 p/n switch purple wire to the primary coil on the 02 start solenoid instead of to the starter solenoid. If you are using the 94 start system as wired you?re all set. You don?t need the 7pin as all of its functions are taken care of by the column mounted p/n switch. I don?t believe any of the 7 pin wires are pcm inputs. Those all come from the smaller white connector.
    ok thank you. We have it wired to a push button starter.