Thread: Segment swaps.

Potential Tuner

Segment swaps.

Hey guys, I'm trying to enable Flexfuel on my ecm. from what I've heard, that means a segment swap. I'm having an awful hard time finding a tune compatible with my OS, the ecm is from a 2004 express if that matters. If anyone has a tune with OS 12585950 that has flex fuel enabled, or knows any vehicles I should look at it'd be much appreciated
    Last edited by K-dot789; 11-13-2018 at 01:10 AM. Reason: clarity

Potential Tuner
    If no one has any info on that, I have an ecm from a 2001 silverado, not sure what OS its running though. Any way that would be compatible with Flexfuel? I forgot to mention, I'm trying to get 3 bar map as well. It's not a necessity at the time being though, my current ecm will take up to 2 bar and I don't even have a turbo yet and when I do I'm sure it'll take me a while to work up to that much boost

Tuner in Training
    I don't know if it help you at all, but the 2004 Tahoe operating system 12587603 supports 3 bar and flexfuel. There is a file in the repository, I have used that one with success.

Potential Tuner
    That actually does help, I heard the tahoes had it, but wasn't sure what the OS # was. So if I were to swap the OS would I have to license the vehicle I get the tune from? Also would that affect the body control functions at all being that its from a different vehicle?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    license is attached to vin number. if you change the OS you do not need to use extra credits. body controls fall to the BCM. an OS change is an engine OS change not a BCM change so it should not effect your body controls.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Okay, so just find the tune I need and flash it on? I'll have to do a write entire, correct? Also what would I need to do to make the tune run a 6.0? Just change the timing and fuel tables as well as the cylinder volume? Or is there anything I'm forgetting?