Thread: Tuning 1000 injectors on a P59

Tuner in Training

Tuning 1000 injectors on a P59

Hey, guys, I have a question regarding minimum pulse and commanded fuel/trims on this application. I have Fuel Injector Clinic injectors and have entered their data, no issues. The tune was quite good prior to changing to these injectors, and it fired right up without issue, and ran remarkably well prior to any tuning. In an effort to get it as correct as possible, I am working on the MAF calibration, and have maybe stumbled on something. Using STFT to make adjustments, I have trims down to 1-2% everywhere off idle, up to around 3500 rpm, but on coast down, it wants to pull lots of fuel. I'd think this would usually be an area for DFCO to be active, but I also noticed that in some areas the trims are -18% or more, but the injector pulse never gets below 1.7. Confusing since the minimum pulse data shows .152ms, and the short pulse adder would still only total out to maybe .25ms, so I'm not understanding why it doesn't simply operate the injector for a shorter period of time. I've removed fuel (numbers in the MAF Cal through multiplication using scanner data) until it sounds obviously lean, yet it's trying to pull fuel out, still. Maybe the MAF wouldn't normally be used at this point in the tune with the MAP turned on, also? 1000 maf4.hplMy Chevy MAF Tuning 1000's 4.hpt

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if your in advanced view find the table called "transient minimum fuel milligrams". lower this value to half its listed value and see if you can adjust down further.
    when going to big injectors you sometimes hit a low pulse wall and this table should extend that region to allow lower pulses on the injector.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    I found where someone else posted the transient fuel setting needing to be set at zero with larger injectors, so I changed that, and what a difference. Spent several hours re-logging my MAF and VE tables, and it's running very nicely again. Always more to learn, I guess!

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    yeah that works too. it just disables the pulse limit for transient fueling calculations.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman