Thread: 11-14 boss crate engine idle stall

Potential Tuner

11-14 boss crate engine idle stall

I do not have much experience with ford tuning so I'm kind of floundering, This is a cobra that has the boss ford crate engine installed. I have it running pretty good everywhere except the transition from open loop to closed loop after a cold start. It starts right up idles for 3-15 seconds depending on initial startup tempt the right on the transition from open to closed loop it will stutter and ocassionally stall. Any ideas where to check or what to look at next would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advanceallen hall 5.hptstart and stall.hpl
    Last edited by sdog; 11-13-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sdog View Post
    I do not have much experience with ford tuning so I'm kind of floundering, This is a cobra that has the boss ford crate engine installed. I have it running pretty good everywhere except the transition from open loop to closed loop after a cold start. It starts right up idles for 3-15 seconds depending on initial startup tempt the right on the transition from open to closed loop it will stutter and ocassionally stall. Any ideas where to check or what to look at next would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
    Best thing to do is post the file and a log if you have one.

Potential Tuner
    I just posted the latest tune and a log of the start stall condition on the original post. Any help greatly appreciated. Im happy to learn so pointers on anything is great.

Advanced Tuner
    Are the O2s swapped? That PCM is for a 15+ , is there something else that needs to be done to make it compatible with 11-14 boss crate motor.. You know like cam related stuff ? I know 15+ cals have different cam angles because of the different intake cams with mid-lock style actuators. So how does a 15+ cal work on a 11-14 boss engine with the cams being so different? IMRCs?