Thread: "Trans Adapt"/"Fast Learn" functions

Tuner in Training

"Trans Adapt"/"Fast Learn" functions

I had my car in park, idling, and decided to see what these functions do.

I hit trans adapt reset, then i hit trans adapt preset, and then I hit Fast Learn.

The car increased idle by 250rpms and kept steady for a few minutes. I thought it would drop back to normal, but never did so I killed the car. I then rewrote the tune on it, and now it shifts really weird. It's like a short harsh shift.

How do I go about fixing this?

You may have to drive it more.

Resetting the presets makes the transmission relearn that stuff. I never use the fast learn on anything I do.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I drove it about 10 miles so far, but I'll put a good bit on it tomorrow

Reset the Trans Adapt Reset, Trans Adapt Preset, then Trans Fast Adapt Reset, but don't do the fast learn and then drive it. It may take 50-100 miles to fully relearn.

Tuner in Training
    Did the reset and preset, and drove about 20 miles since doing that last. Shifts are more normal to how I have it set up in the tune. It still seems a tad bit slower, but I feel like after some more mileage put on it, it will be adjusted to how I drive.

Thanks for the help guys

Quote Originally Posted by who-dat View Post
    Did the reset and preset, and drove about 20 miles since doing that last. Shifts are more normal to how I have it set up in the tune. It still seems a tad bit slower, but I feel like after some more mileage put on it, it will be adjusted to how I drive.

Thanks for the help guys
    Give it some time and be sure to give it all kinds of shifts. Light throttle and heavy/WOT to let it learn.