Thread: Disable close loop idle fuel tuning

Disable close loop idle fuel tuning

Guys have tried to maxed the values for the 02s to disable closed loop fueling at idle. Is there a bug in HP or is there another table I cant see? The values ive added should delay the 02s for at least 10 hours and until the 02 reaches 4000F.

Is there another timer table we cant see?

The changes I made have delayed closed loop fueling for 5 minutes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't successfully got a ford barra, boss or coyote to maintain full open loop fueling before. ive tried idle only, full time and ive tried failing 02s etc to achieve it and nothing seems to work. im of the opinion there are several closed loop, open loop, delays, timers and switching tables in the background over ruling everything I tried.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by YoloTuner View Post
    Guys have tried to maxed the values for the 02s to disable closed loop fueling at idle. Is there a bug in HP or is there another table I cant see? The values ive added should delay the 02s for at least 10 hours and until the 02 reaches 4000F.

Is there another timer table we cant see?

The changes I made have delayed closed loop fueling for 5 minutes.
    That's all I have been able to do on mine too.
    You just need to pull over and turn off ignition then restart the car and go again.
    I have found that 5 minutes is enough time when your dialling in the injector slopes.

Quote Originally Posted by luke111 View Post
    That's all I have been able to do on mine too.
    You just need to pull over and turn off ignition then restart the car and go again.
    I have found that 5 minutes is enough time when your dialling in the injector slopes.
    I think if you zero proportional and Integral it'll still be in closed loop but does zero correction.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Advanced Tuner
    What injectors? If the data you enter is correct you shouldn’t need to disable closed loop. The aus Ford PCM doesn’t really have a VE table you can dial in. You’ll know when the slopes are right because the car will behave, transition from low to high slope correctly and the closed loop fuel trims will be -8 to +8 for nearly all closed loop operation