Thread: Multiple 4l80e no shift only tuning left ?

Tuner in Training

Multiple 4l80e no shift only tuning left ?

I've done quite a few Ls swaps , segment swaps , with no issues , so this one has be baffled .
    Its a Lq4 , 4l80e and a P59 ALL FROM THE SAME 05 EXPRESS VAN no segment swap needed . Should be a drop in and go...Its all in a 70 Nova now , should be a super easy swap... It will only shift manually 1st and 2nd gear , when you engage 3rd it just stays in second and no overdrive as well . Reverse is there just fine . If you put it in auto and throttle up it never gets out of 1st gear . Heres the thing...Its not the trans , I was fortunate enough to have 3 working units in the shop and have no checked with all 3 and it does the same thing . Also...It does have a B&M pro stick but I've run it with and without the linkage on it , with leaving it in 3rd or (Drive) . So I would tbink that rules out the linkage . I have the Tcc brake switch wired as well so that works or should be working , and NO trans codes , I do have a typical po103 , and there's an issue with the alternator wiring , some code regarding field current . it charges but I need to hook my generator light to it I believe to lower my charge rate , its at 14.9volts...OK so I hope someone has some insight Im really lost on this one , Really need help figuring out whats wrong ??? I have to think its the tune but ive played with different tune files for the 80e as well...

Senior Tuner
    Log transmission commanded gear.

Tuner in Training
    Ive actually never done that before , never really had to . Can you tell me how , could really be helpful ?

Tuner in Training
    K ive got trans gear select working . just checked it on another vehicle . Unfortunatly wont be able to log the nova until later on today or tonight..Thanks and ill post it ASAP

Tuner
    And set PRNDL to none for now.
    Peter Young

1966 LandCruiser FJ40 with 6.0l Gen 3 vortec and 4L80E.
    1984 LandCruiser FJ60 with 5.3l Gen 3 vortec, Magnusen supercharger, and 4L60E