Thread: not getting 14.3 AFR @ WOT

Tuner in Training

not getting 14.3 AFR @ WOT

been messing with my tune for awhile now and it seems it wont go into the commanded stoich AFR which is 14.30 after WOT (running 93 octane) ?
    newst tune hpt.hpteq stock.hpl

2000 chevy s10 4.3 2wd
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: hpl 1.hpl (384.5 KB, 8 views)
    Last edited by duck4twenty; 11-28-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Per your tune your always in PE. You've zeroed out all the enablers.

14.3 afr sounds like a bad idea.

The idea of power enrichment is to add in more fuel to make the best power and torque while keeping the engine happy.

Stoich is stoich, you don't change that. It's always suppose to run at stoich outside of PE. Your PE should be a richer air fuel ratio than stoich. So say that is 12.0 commanded. It should only go down to 12.0 when PE is active and not be at 12.0 all the time like it is now. You should read up on what you doing more so you get things squared away.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info guys much appreciated. I changed my TPS to 80% all the way and now it goes into PE when 80 or above but my ? is, is it bad to stay in PE all the time I know it will burn up my gas quicker my rpm's did stay higher at cruising speeds, but will the engine get damaged or is it just a gas thing ? just trying to get the most power out of this 4.3 Saving up for a wide band, but for now just trying to do my best without. Had the tuner a few months now been reading up on this forum a lot, but know where near to knowing what I'm doing, just a lot of copy and paste and going from there.

Yes, it's bad to run it that rich all the time.

There is not enough air in the cylinders for that much fuel all the time and over a long duration you are wasting fuel and increasing your chances of putting fuel into the oil.

Vehicles are designed to run at stoich 99% of the time. Stoich needs to match the fuel you are running, regular pump gas is 14.68 and a stock tune file would already have a value very close to that. You should not change that value ever, unless you are switching fuels.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.