Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Edit zone boundaries in vve tool

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    *And I have applied the same thinking to tuning the MAF. I need to make a video on this as well, but I have been tied up writing code for this tool. You can do my MAF process with just math formulas in the scanner and it gets the MAF perfect in one drive (at least from my experience, and you don't need a custom program to do it). I tried the traditional MAF tuning as wel as the Smokeshow MAF+VVE at the same time (which was good, but not great IMHO). I am a perfectionist though...I don't like "close enough" and I realize that not everyone is like me.
    I was thinking you could use this with the same MAF based error calculation :P What I wrote about is just how to calculate the error values, not paste them into the VVE like this does.

Tuning Addict
    The tool works just like that - it's in my last post. AND for anyone wondering - the "projected" or "theoretical" proposed trims after using the tool are almost spot on I've used it for Density table edits and MAF - works really good

Haven't used it for CAM coefficient corrections yet, so don't know if there are any bugs there or not? The latest release has a minor bug with the coefficients, but hopefully shouldn't be hard to fix as that works in version 2.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    I assume since its just copying the error histogram from the clipboard that it isn't weighting the 'averages' by their respective cell counts?

Tuning Addict
    No, just raw data if I understand what you're asking correctly. You can "merge" as many logs as you like into the correction data - obviously the more passes the better the data.

It's got A LOT more additions coming - hopefully including coefficient back calculators from 3d editing and zone boundary editing as that is made quite clearly a must with the changing cam corrections.

I can tell you - the data it gives you back as projected - is really close to actual delivered, just a lot of back and forth editing required switching from hpt to the tool.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Projected, as in original data but with your corrections from the histogram applied?

Tuning Addict
    You'll have to play with it to get a full grasp as to what I'm saying, but this tool gives you projected "future" trims or fueling errors. You apply the histograms whether it be the histograms merged and averaged together from this tool or straight out of hpt's scanner straight into the editor and make your changes in the editor just like you always have - you then plug the new table back into this tool and it more or less shows you the "projected" next run fuel errors if you were to load this new table into the vehicle and run it. Hopefully that clears it up better... Really helps with dialing in the coefficients as they always change when you calculate them. You can focus on areas of the table that need more attention to smoothing and cleaning up as well. I personally really like it and with what I'm still hoping is to come of it, it should save a lot of back and forth "load and re-log" time.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    I see. Just the error when you resolve it into the 2nd order poly... Guess that could be interesting if you run this on a dyno and get the true steady state response.

I just released a new version that fixes all know bugs and instability when pasting different zones and histos.

If nothing new pops up it's onward and upward with features. But I should probably make a more in depth video on how to use it.

Btw the weighting by cell hits is a great idea Smokeshow! It will get hairy when doing a merge with conflicting cells though.

So the link is at your youtube channel right? For the program?

Tuning Addict
    Yes the last youtube video - it's in the description. I also did some minor updates to the how to for the new clear cache option. Actually just used the tool to average together 5 different logs for fuel density table editing. Then if it will help any - because of how it downloads I always have to go to downloads, right click, copy and paste the new versions into the folder I have them stored in. It won't let me show in folder or anything like that for initial downloading, so have to download, close the program then go to downloads to move it where I save it to work from.

https://youtu.be/1VayD9zaUXo
    Last edited by GHuggins; 04-02-2023 at 05:17 PM.

~Greg Huggins~

So in the first video (taking baby steps) it shows copying over STFT+LTFT's. Would it be the same if you are using a WB? What would be the most accurate (and easiest) table? Also in your post 32 you mentioned it could possibly be used in a GEN 3. No VVE table so would you be inserting a VE table somehow? Or best to keep this GEN 4?

Tuning Addict
    You can basically use the main tool for any table - my last post with pics was a MAF table. You just have to make sure to post the table out of hpt with axis in both the new and old sections via the clipboard. You can use whatever form of fuel log as long as it gives you percent errors - paste those into the histogram "first table" and then average depending on how many you have. You then go back to the editor - use this new averaged correction - paste special into the corresponding table in hpt. Modify the table from there however you see fit. Copy with axis and paste back into the last page of the tool labeled VVE paste special - where the histo should be showing - this will then show you your projected errors... Make more corrections from there if need be and continue to recheck.

~Greg Huggins~

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    So the link is at your youtube channel right? For the program?
    I usually drop updated code frequently. Sometimes multiple times a day or once every day or so. Just depends on how much free time I have between family and work. You will just have to compare the file date time stamps to see if you have the newest version or not. Here is the link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yw...m&usp=drive_fs

So in the first video (taking baby steps) it shows copying over STFT+LTFT's. Would it be the same if you are using a WB? What would be the most accurate (and easiest) table? Also in your post 32 you mentioned it could possibly be used in a GEN 3. No VVE table so would you be inserting a VE table somehow? Or best to keep this GEN 4?
    I think GHuggins mentioned Gen3. I will have to let him comment on that. Perhaps he was just using the averaging function to compile multiple logs into one solid dataset.

My tool was developed primarily for Gen4 and no variable cam...see first video.
    After GHuggins urged me to hash it more I added A LOT more functionality and features, around Gen5 and variable cam stuff.

I will try to make a complete tutorial video tomorrow.
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Tuning Addict
    Yep, works with any table you can put into it. One of the nice benefits of this tool.

~Greg Huggins~

Can't wait for a new video and maybe a pdf? Step by step. Looks GREAT!!

Can't wait for a new video and maybe a pdf? Step by step. Looks GREAT!!
    I have started a new thread in the Gen5 section to continue discussion for this tool. Please go there.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...t-exe&p=723338
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant