Thread: Active exhaust and 5th gear fail a8

Tuner in Training

Active exhaust and 5th gear fail a8

I get why people want to manipulate active exhaust, but reading the first thread on this chucked a flag at me. Seems known that 5th gear goes out first on a8. If dodge has my trans clutches burning while I drive around town so no one can hear me; Wow! Has anyone confirmed if this torque management really goes away by disabling active exhaust or is it the back and forth between tables to get there? Is this really how this works?
    2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker A8-oem stock

Tuner in Training
    After looking at my logs I didn’t see a big torque drop like on a shift ,but at the speeds this is supposed to be active in 5th the TCC either never locked at all in 5th or lock dropped out at speed threshold

Tuner in Training
    Ha ha ,I guess saying 5th goes out first is another way of saying “the whole thing blew up” ? Since all four gear sets are in play

Advanced Tuner
    man....i'm really lost here.....

Tuner in Training
    Me too, it’s OK. I read every thread that pertained to my car in 3 days; just trying to learn. Reading the first thread on active exhaust tied a torque management parameter to 5th gear. Then read a thread on A8 failure and is stated 5th gear goes out first. I thought maybe there is a correlation between the two. After researching A8’s more I learned 5th gear uses all but every part of the transmission. So I assume the “5th gear goes out first” was a joke I didn’t get that implied the whole trans blew up. But I know a little more than I did before. Just sorry I assumed and made an ass of you and me