Thread: 2015 Z06, reduced engine power on hwy pull

Potential Tuner

2015 Z06, reduced engine power on hwy pull

My 2015 Z06 has twice hit REP at 150 mph on a highway pull (in mexico of course). First time i wasn't data logging. 2nd time i had the logger and it is below along with tune. On thepull i was on 93 octane. Mods are ported snout and tb, 2.3 upper, headers, OR X pipe, 17 lid, flex, Heat X and expansion tank. This is the fastest I have had the car since modded. This is also my first gen 5 I have tuned. Check engine and traction control light stayed on afterwards and p0228c was logged both times until cleared and everything was fine. The fact it happened each time at exactly 150 mph makes me think its a tune issue?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by onefastz06; 11-17-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Tuner
    There have been others in the corvette forum that reported the exact issue at 150 mph.

gm has an updated flash for that.

Tuner in Training
    I had a similar issue with worse results. I went WOT and when I hit 158 (never had it to this speed before), went into REP and had misfire codes. Limped it back home and found 4 spark plugs were melted, but only one cylinder was reporting misfire. There's no telling how long the plugs have been melted for because apparently they were still working enough to give spark and not throw a code on the other 3 cylinders. I would have never known if I wouldn't have decided to replace them all with NGK. I have same mods as you except for ported snout. These were the stock spark plugs. I've since installed NGK TR7's but I've been hesitant to do any kind of hard driving. I wasn't logging during this run, and I'm really afraid to do it again. Higgs - any idea?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    gm has an updated flash for that.
    Higgs, is this something that I need to specifically request at the service place? Ive had similar issue and they replaced the HPFP and the fuel pressure sensor. Same issue...