Thread: 2015 GT 5.0L Steeda Intake Tune was Deleted

Tuner in Training

2015 GT 5.0L Steeda Intake Tune was Deleted

I just got this car. A 2015 GT Prem w/ PP with a Steeda intake on it, catback exhaust. Other than that looks to be stock as far as engine goes. I work at a Ford dealer. I was having weird drivability issues and an unusually high idle to me (around 975 commanded). Not thinking clearly there was an update for the PCM available with IDS and I did it. It never occurred to me the car had a custom tune of some sort, so I hadn't even copied that tune with HPT. After flashing the newest stock file it starts and runs rough but eventually smooths out. RPM's hang after letting off throttle sometimes. I don't think anything has been done to internals or cams, the only change being the steeda intake ducting. I'm guessing the issue is the larger MAF housing that came with the steeda cold air intake.

I have slight tuning experience on late 90's GMs, early 2000 Mustangs (with quarterhorse) and 6.0L psd trucks. All the data tables that can be changed on this newer car seems overwhelming.

The simplest fix: does anyone have a steeda tune file? If not, does anyone have the updated steeda MAF transfer table? If not, my searching came up with someone suggesting to multiply the MAF table by 30% as a starting point for dialing in the MAF, is that good advice?

It appears to me that the MAF transfer table is AirFlow vs Voltage.

Also, why are there so many "mapped" points, and what correlates their usage? Such as speed density tables or the spark tables.

Would anyone base some of their changes off the tune repository file for the power pack 3 from Ford Racing?

Advanced Tuner
    you won't be using the voltage table. Ford uses the period sampling in terms of mu seconds (i know I spelled that wrong) starting in 2011 to current. MP's are part of the HDFX system and all (except OP on 2015+ although you can force the car to use it via the MP weight system) are used. The SSD (as I like to call it) is, in fact, a speed density system however it is purely statistical as so many PID's are inferred on Ford vehicles instead of having an actual sensor.

start off with the 30% multiplier and then use STFT's to make changes accordingly to the airflow vs period table.
    Last edited by txtailtorcher; 11-18-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Tuner in Training
    OK, awesome. Makes sense. I saw that table and didn't know if it was some sort of checksum. I don't have any experience with these newer calibrations as far as tuning goes. Thanks.