Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody else tackling flex fuel tuning?

I've done a lot with this personally. I like to raise the minimum airmass to mature inferred afr. It will still use the entire maf to infer, it just won't lock until time spent in the higher airmass areas is in a steady state.

I've also had the best luck by leaving LTFTs enabled and making use of endpoint locking.

Been through 2 years of hot rod drag weeks, switching fuels on both plus countless miles of driving and am always within 5% of actual alcohol content before an endpoint lock.

Potential Tuner
    Can anyone tell me what i need to do to get my 17 gt to read alcohol %?

Advanced Tuner
    Are those are of that run the flex fuel are you also running with the ltft enabled? Mines been off in my tune for 30k, they are opening a new gas station right down the road with E85 so I wanted to start running it since it will be close. Just wondering that?s all

Tuner in Training
    This may be relevant or not. Before I started tuning I had to always go in and reset the memory on GM trucks for those that tried E85. Flex sensor didn't wanna drop back to correct content. They would come in running rich. Some showing 35%, but 8% after reset. Snap On Solus edge fixed them. On my 09 flex 5.3 I tuned it to a 14.85 stoich with no flex. Fuel trims almost zeroed out. Separate tune for E85.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    the tune is set up wrong then, my stoich is correct within 30 seconds of one fill.
    Unless your using a full return fuel system this is false.

That?s not the same as saying 30 seconds. The default OEM values can and do learn a value too quickly. I have seen it countless times in my gt350, and F150. KAM resets on the same fuel, temp, day result in 10-20 percent differences 15 min apart.

I try to get mine close to the highway so I can get right into load. This helps. Extended idling in city is bad news.

Good points on airflow my stock f150 was not that accurate off the lot. Definitely fix that before you bother with FF. If your trims are all over the place on E10 you don’t have a good basis to infer E.

I’ll try some of the items you guys mentioned makes a ton of sense.

Tuner in Training
    Ive had good luck with my 2011 ff tune. i used the f150 data to populate alot of the tables that were blank. Go in and use the edit rows tab and change the tables around. I also found that your fuel trims need to be within 2% before switching to the ff tune for an accurate read of alcohol. Also flashing a new tune will totally fuck the alcohol inferred percentage. ive found that i make sure fuel trims are 100 percent on point on a non-ff tune then flash in the flex tune and immediatly take it on the highway. I use a parking lot near a highway to flash tune. Then once the ff tune is in the computer your cant reflash stuff without fucking up the inferred alcohol. The alcohol inferred has always been spot on for me, my e85 stations i get from are both off highways.

I attached my tune thats currently in my car. Its a 2011 with headers cats and steeda intake. 47lu injectors and it has a slight cammed idle. enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MiniTubbedNova; 01-08-2019 at 08:06 PM.

I guess I should probably post up my work as well. It may help somebody in the future. I have one smooth idle s550 flex, a decent cam tune s550 flex, and an s197 18 intake manifold tune.
    Logan Flex.hpt
    Logan Flex Ghost.hpt
    Ron 56s Int Flex.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by 95Gturbo View Post
    I guess I should probably post up my work as well. It may help somebody in the future. I have one smooth idle s550 flex, a decent cam tune s550 flex, and an s197 18 intake manifold tune.
    Logan Flex.hpt
    Logan Flex Ghost.hpt
    Ron 56s Int Flex.hpt
    your file wont open. what version they are?

Advanced Tuner
    You need 4.3 or higher

Tuner
    does my ethonal % table look correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    That's how I have mine set. Some guys are scaling it from 9 to 14.6. Mine works great. Stft are usually at 1.00 after a short time.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nxcoupe View Post
    That's how I have mine set. Some guys are scaling it from 9 to 14.6. Mine works great. Stft are usually at 1.00 after a short time.
    thanks data log looks good after driving today