Thread: 14 2500 RAM 66rfe tuning

Potential Tuner

14 2500 RAM 66rfe tuning

So I think I've got it down to being able to mess with the different parameters and getting the shift scheduling set up where I want them. The one thing that I can not eliminate is a 1-2 hard shift bang into next gear during part throttle. It's quite annoying to get whiplash while trying to stay with traffic. Hahaha. Which parameter am I missing here?

I have a built VB from Randy's by the way and all of my pressures are maxed out at 225, but it shouldn't be hitting that at part throttle on a 1-2 shift right?

Tuner in Training
    I've just started poking around the Dodge stuff for trans (2011 545RFE), but I'd try playing with the settings in Trans > Shift Pressures > Upshift > Duty Cycle Initial Value for the 1-2 table. I think these are the PWM values used to reduce the pressure during the shift, and lowering these where you're getting the harsh shift would be a good place to start.

You also have the Trans > Shift Pressures > General > Max Line Pressure table in my calibration. I don't know how to correlate a shift ID to an exact shift (like 1-2), but the description on that table also makes me think that those pressures may only be held during the shift. I've assumed so far that the pressure for a shift is Max Line Pressure table * Duty Cycle Initial Value to get the pressure it's going to run during any given shift, but I haven't done enough logging to know for sure. If you're wanting to keep the 225 at WOT, this table may not be the right place to change.
    Last edited by Tiron; 03-10-2022 at 07:00 PM.

Banned
    Lowering duty cycle can quickly cause shifting issues. Your line pressure gains will determine how little throttle is required to reach max pressures. Max pressures, there is two tables, max pressure while not shifting and max pressure while shifting, whether you hit that pressure during shift will depend on your pressure gains and throttle position. The duty cycle tables will affect the aggression and volume of the fill of the solenoids during shifts, go too low on duty cycle and you won?t get enough volume for shift.