Thread: Hp tuners software usability:why are apple/ios products not supported(macbook,iphone)

Question Hp tuners software usability:why are apple/ios products not supported(macbook,iphone)

Could someone from HP TUNERS please clarify why IOS products aren't supported. I understand why they may have decided to initially start as windows only with earlier versions, But it has been over a decade this product has been released and there hasn't been an attempt to add ios support and since theres clearly a demand for it.
    It just frustrates me more in the last few years with all of the updates and still no apple support. Once i saw that it was going to be a mpvi2 released and another version of VCM suite. I was very hopeful that you guys may have actually started supporting ios especially when i see there are other new hp tuners products that do support IOS but the tuning suite still doesn't. This made it basically pointless to upgrade because i wouldn't even be able to utilize most new features through bootcamp. So basically i would HONESTLY like to know are they ever going to support IOS, are they working on it, If they dont care, if its "impossible" or what because i would like to know if my concerns are even a priority or not to HP TUNERS.

PS: I currently have to run vcm suite in bootcamp and it is neither ideal or reliable and also pretty much everyone knows windows is very frustrating to navigate in bootcamp on ios and there also are other concerns and difficulties with this work around. I just would like a reliable easy to use Program that works without having to purchase dedicated laptops for tuning.

One last thing also why doesnt VCM SUITE update like most software can without actually having to just so happen be on the website and notice the new version and download and install a whole new suite myself each time

We are working on automatic updates. We aren't working on IOS/MacOS support at this time, maybe we will in the future, right now it's not a priority.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Just run bootcamp, this is my tuning rig and it works just fine with my MPVI pro and MPVI2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Just run bootcamp, this is my tuning rig and it works just fine with my MPVI pro and MPVI2
    as i stated above i currently do but bootcamp is not optimal and very hard to navigate in windows doing basic tasks in its current state on the newer macbook pros

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    We are working on automatic updates. We aren't working on IOS/MacOS support at this time, maybe we will in the future, right now it's not a priority.
    Thanks i just really wanted to know honestly im just tired of looking forward to something and being disappointed its better just to know its not happening. Maybe i could help you guys out with that once i finish up my Computer Science Degree lol.

Advanced Tuner
    How so? Mine is a 2018 MacBook Pro with Touch ID and Touch Bar and HPT editor and scanner work perfect, navigating all the windows, and tables is flawless. Windows doesn?t have all the nice touch gestures max does, but the important ones work like tap to click, 2 finger right click, and dragging by touch.