Thread: 2006 Cobalt SS SC idle issues?

Potential Tuner

2006 Cobalt SS SC idle issues?

I got the car without a motor an purchased an lsj short block from zzp. Put it all together and back to stock. I went to the repository tunes for the site and wrote the ecu back to stock, but it just does not idle and it isnt throwing any codes. The idle just fluctuates like crazy amd ist not smooth but seems to run fine other than that. Does anyone know what to tune to fix this or what could cause this?

Advanced Tuner
    Please post up tune and log so we can all see along with mod list on the vehicle. Always make sure there arent any issues like vac leaks and all your air tubes are on and such

Advanced Tuner
    what mods does the car have on it?
    try cleaning the throttle body?
    all your air tubes are on securely?
    no vac leaks like the intake gasket, fuel injectors seals or anything? you may have to smoke test the induction system to see if there are any leaks
    the tune is a 06 factory file so as long as your running stock cams and throttle body you shouldn't have to adjust anything as long as all the mechanical aspects are correct
    Last edited by TCSS07; 11-23-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Potential Tuner
    All factory except for a magnaflow cat back the TB is stock and is clean. I will have to try a smoke test.