Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No shift

Tuner
    mmm ok ill try that 5k shift and yeah it holds 1st gear in manual shifting 6000+ ill change that dynamic setting just to be sure i really dont think its the transmission i think it might be somewhere in the tune ill check my stock file to see if i might of changed something
    Last edited by Crysis; 11-28-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Tuner
    That 5k shift works i put it to shift at 4900 rpm and it shifts

GREAT! Just proves that the 2>3 issue is only related to the fuel cutting off.

Just saw something...Engine>Fuel>Temperature Control>Component Protection>Target Lambda>EQ Ratio is all 1.0. I am not totally sure at what temp you are hitting this but...I usually set it for the richest that I want the engine to run at for the most extreme situation I expect to see. I don't do a lot of boosted stuff but it freaks me out to see your rig go lean under full throttle full boost. Your power enrich is at least 1.26 and boost enrich is 1.37. Maybe somebody who does more forced induction can chime in on this but maybe at least 1.26 or even 1.37 would be a reasonable setting for that. Stock LQ4 is 1.398.

I am curious if you at least set it for 1.26 and pull 2nd all the way to 6k will it still show the lean out?

Tuner
    Yeah same here i dont want to do pulls cuz how it goes lean ha ok ill change that let me upload my stock and my cam only file cuz im stumped
    Last edited by Crysis; 11-30-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Tuner
    stcok file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yep. Also 1.398. The question is, at what temperature does this happen? I can't remember seeing a place that a temperature is chosen for this protection to take place. Lots of rigs have a choice for this now. The Ecoboost Fords have LOADS of these protections to manipulate to get what you want (eventually).

Maybe yours hits the protection temp at the top of 2nd and cuts you back to 1.0? I would raise it on up to your target AFR or a touch higher and see what happens.

Tuner
    *Update*

So turns out tire size was wrong. Was 29 inch tire but soupose to be 28 i notice the speedometer was off. Crazy how one inch could make a big diffidence i didn't even think that would of been it
    heres the scan

Tuner
    Weird tho how it shifts at 5700 even tho i still had it at 4900 from that test and trans temp sensor still jacked up
    Last edited by Crysis; 12-01-2018 at 05:51 PM.

It is possible that they squish down to (for example) 28.5. You can fine tune the speedometer then speed related shifting will be better. You will get a late shift if the PCM does not find out that it has reached the required speed on time. I usually have to leave a decent gap between my designated WOT shift speed and when I want it.

Tuner
    Ok yeah i was going to fine tune it now thanks for all the help