Thread: Cammed 07 Escalade idle issues

Potential Tuner

Cammed 07 Escalade idle issues

Wondering if i can get someone with a little more experience to take a look at the idle of my cammed escalade modifications are ported heads/BTR stage 2 blower cam/fully gone through valve train/ported manifold/throttle body/ circle d converter and a cold air. Sometimes it starts up and runs absolutely perfect other times when i am sitting there idling the check engine light will flash and throw a random misfire code but it does not feel like its misfiring and as soon as i start driving it goes away and acts fine. Its a big concern this time of year because when it throws the code it wont auto start and its 10 degrees outside Any input would be much appreciated thanks guys!cammedescalade.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    If your sure you don't have any misfires and the mechanical aspect of the engine is sound like the lifters,good compression,plugs,bad fuel,injectors,02 sensors,fuel pressure you can probably just disable to dtc
    and of course make sure no vac leaks - it is possible to mix up the injector connectors i believe for 5 and 7 because they can reach the other but that would usually cause driveability issues due to incorrect injection timing
    Last edited by TCSS07; 11-24-2018 at 09:39 AM.

try changing p0300 to MIL on second error. then do a crank relearn. If you are throwing a P0300 at idle with a big cam then you may want to add a bit more timing at on idle or smooth adaptive ilde timing. When I was messing around with my cammed 4.8 trying to make it potato potato I would randomly get p0300 till I changed MIL on second error.

Potential Tuner
    Set to MIL on second error and did a crank relearn and it hasn't given me the problem since then appreciate the advice!