Thread: odometer change

Potential Tuner

odometer change

FIRST TIME HERE!!!. Does anyone know on a 2017 pacifica, if i can change the odometer? IP is showing wrong mileage. thanks

Potential Tuner
    no one? any ideas?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by H88AUTO View Post
    no one? any ideas?
    I'm pretty sure odometer changes are illegal just about anywhere in the world. So no there is no way to change odometer reading, unless you are looking for some jail time.
    Or unless I read the question wrong and you mean to change speedometer reading than you might have some luck with gear ratio and tire size calibration through scanner

Tuner in Training
    If you have changed something or there is a legitimate other legitimate reason to need the odometer corrected, you can have the dealer set it for you. Keep in mind that they should require proof of your reasoning and what the correct mileage actually is.

Tuner in Training
    At the dealer when we change the BCM we have to certify the mileage, and when we install the new BCM we get one shot to enter the mileage. Even at the dealer we can't change that value that's there

Potential Tuner
    What about just reading the mileage?

I bought a rollover that was being parted out and someone had already pulled the dash cluster. I'm curious if the miles I was told is accurate or not. 2003 Yukon XL 2500

Potential Tuner
    Hi there, I understand is kinda late for about 3 years but it might be of help for someone else, Odometer adjustments should in fact be carried out by dealer, in fact nor a dealer, they act and work like an escrow, it should be the manufacturer who approve such adjustment under a real good reason, like myself I changed the I cluster of my benz just because here in mexico use kilometers, I bought in US and brought to MX. You get pulled for any reason and they just look to the Speedo to see if its foreign (off course it is) but all they seek is to hopefully it was not imported legally and if it passes the $10k US it is a fed fraud, so the best thing to do is to swap MPH/to KM (when they are analog) speedos, but my ecm reads 120k miles and the cluster reads 62400 km it does recognize and do the math in true km, how ever if I was to sell it and would have to be upfront, otherwise if the read the ecm info they would definitly think I was attemting to fraud them. So I think there are sometimes good reasons to be able to fix, and I did. There are some cheap scanner that are meant to be for that but sadly people use it for cheating others. Happy life to everyone.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpsrlz View Post
    Hi there, I understand is kinda late for about 3 years but it might be of help for someone else, Odometer adjustments should in fact be carried out by dealer, in fact nor a dealer, they act and work like an escrow, it should be the manufacturer who approve such adjustment under a real good reason, like myself I changed the I cluster of my benz just because here in mexico use kilometers, I bought in US and brought to MX. You get pulled for any reason and they just look to the Speedo to see if its foreign (off course it is) but all they seek is to hopefully it was not imported legally and if it passes the $10k US it is a fed fraud, so the best thing to do is to swap MPH/to KM (when they are analog) speedos, but my ecm reads 120k miles and the cluster reads 62400 km it does recognize and do the math in true km, how ever if I was to sell it and would have to be upfront, otherwise if the read the ecm info they would definitly think I was attemting to fraud them. So I think there are sometimes good reasons to be able to fix, and I did. There are some cheap scanner that are meant to be for that but sadly people use it for cheating others. Happy life to everyone.
    Dealing with a similar issue, and just saying whatever about it lol.

Wrote on the new Cluster best I could do. Not paying 200 dollars to have the odometer corrected thats just flat out ridiculus. I had to replace the PCM, they dont sell new ones, you have to buy used/refurbed so the PCM says 124k miles.

Then the Gauge Cluster broke, and had to replace that best I could find was 193k, car at the time had 173k. Its off by 20k there now too. So litteraly neither the Cluster or PCM have the right mileage, but you can also see both have been Vin Reprogrammed, they are not the OG parts.

So I wrote on the Cluster "Mileage off -20k", the Cluster is also from a newer version of the car, has more features. Probably will never sell the car, but wrote on there anyway, so if anyone ever needs to see ect. Also kept the OG Cluster, and the Receipt for the new Cluster, with the Mileage on it when it was received. Never know.
    Last edited by Cyberlocc; 05-01-2022 at 01:26 PM.