Thread: TT Barra help please.

Potential Tuner

TT Barra help please.

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this flash tuning setup. Had a bit of experience with the old delco dunnydoors

I'm currently building a BA XR6, twin gt3076r's, 95 lb injectors, 4 bar FPR, 2 bar MAP, walbro 526 pump, custom plenum, built/manualised BTR, 2800 stall and planning to run E85 or methanol.. also picked up sniper 150hp wet nitrous system..

Now i understand the whole boost retard timing setup, and stoich of 9 odd for alcohl.. and i understand nitrous need timing retard too..

Will i need a standalone nitrous controller or can i a set the factory pcm to knock some timing out at say 4500rpm and smash the gas at that rpm??

The old 5 litres were easy with a dizzy and nitrous controller but the barra has me stumped..

The whole build has cost under 5g so far so i don't really wanna have to dump a truckload of cash into it.. not scared to go rods out either as barras are cheap now, but i don't wanna do it first pass lol

Call me crazy if you must..

Advanced Tuner
    the factory PCM referenced load and RPM for spark. if the gas is enough to increase load you can use the borderline knock table to retard timing. In my experience given barra PCM poor resolution, more so in a BA I very much doubt that will work or at least work accurate enough to be reliable. if you want to retard timing for gas I believe you'll have to retard it across the board for your desired RPM in the borderline knock table. using an ECT or IAT open circuit to reference a correction table axis will cause more headaches with the SD algorithm than its worth.

I would suggest getting it to run turbos only on E85 first and then explore the nitrous option. im convinced youll have to pull timing in the main table for nitrous meaning itll be removed without gas too.

email me your stock file and your modified file and ill look if you wish