Thread: Distance - change starting point? and units to yards?

Potential Tuner

Distance - change starting point? and units to yards?

Hi,

Is there a way to reset or restart or re-time the total distance traveled? Often the action I want happens several minutes into a video clip and I want the distance to start from zero at this point instead of from the beginning of the video file.

Secondly is there a way to change the distance units to yards? I saw an option to do what looked like a formula conversion but I couldn't get it working.

Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Can anyone confirm yes or no if distance units can be converted to yards?

Advanced Tuner
    You can add custom calculated fields to any data input. If you click on your log file and click config, you can create a new calculated field based on any provided field (presumably your Distance field). For converting meters to yards, multiply by 1.09361. For miles to yards, divide by 1760. You could then reference the Custom field (or whatever you name it) in the appropriate gauge.

For resetting the distance traveled, you could use a calculated field where you simply subtract whatever the value is at the starting point from the distance field.

It doesn't look like you can both convert to yards and subtract a starting distance since you can't reference a calculated field from another calculated field. If your data file is in CSV format, you could open it with Excel or Google Sheets and create a new column which performs this calculation. I do this with my RaceChrono exports since it always exports in metric even though it displays in imperial units.