Thread: high feature V6 conversion

Tuner in Training

high feature V6 conversion

Hey Guys, this is always a great place to obtain info from lost of knowledgeable people

So. i have a 2010 Acadia 3.6 with a rod bearing failed and stretched chains (surprise!)

what other GM products could be swapped into this Lambda platform other then another HFV6? say one was to back up a generation to a L26 gen III V6 or similar...

Could a person communicate this earlier generation ECM to the body/cluster/brakes etc? I know the HFV6 has its own bell housing pattern, so just a motor swap is out of the question without developing and entire adapter.....

So if you were to have an entire AWD engine/trans from say a Buick rondevous or Saturn Vue (not the honda version) and mechanically swapped it into the Lambda platform, the question is could this be integrated electrically and software wise??

Just thinking out loud here to hear what some experts have to say....

These acadia/traverse/enclave vehicles are a dime a dozen with blown HFV6 engines, and the lack of good used or cost effective engines...

Thanks in advance. Gerry.

Simple answer is no.

The PCM and electronics in those vehicles is light years ahead of the aged L26/L36/L67/L32 engines of old. They aren't even close when it comes to technology and there is no way to make such an old computer work with the CAN-BUS system your vehicles has. Nor could you even make that new PCM control such an old engine design.

If you want literally nothing to work in the Acadia you could swap in a complete drivetrain from something else and just run it on a stand alone harness but honestly that just sounds dumb and more work than it's worth.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Simple answer is no.

The PCM and electronics in those vehicles is light years ahead of the aged L26/L36/L67/L32 engines of old. They aren't even close when it comes to technology and there is no way to make such an old computer work with the CAN-BUS system your vehicles has. Nor could you even make that new PCM control such an old engine design.

If you want literally nothing to work in the Acadia you could swap in a complete drivetrain from something else and just run it on a stand alone harness but honestly that just sounds dumb and more work than it's worth.

Thanks, this is what i needed to hear, this was my assumption already. moving on

comming from experience i personally have swapped out the LLT E69 bosch ecu for the new 2015 LFX and E39A Delphi ecu with zero issues.. this was done with my 2010 Camaro.. there are some changed and tunign that need to be done but is 100% doable