Thread: 2018 Ford F150 3.5 EcoBoost Load Limit of 2.0

2018 Ford F150 3.5 EcoBoost Load Limit of 2.0

What's going on. Just picked up the new EB and figured id play around with it during the slow season at the shop. I had a 2017 explorer sport EB that I tuned previously for my wife. So I figured it would be pretty similar.

Anyways I put her on the dyno and made 420whp / 480tq a few times. And started just seeing if I could get a little bit more. But noticed no matter what changes I made I saw that the desired load would not exceed 2.0. Which it was hitting and I would guess would cause the issue of why I couldn't make anymore power even if I added timing. It would just compensate lower boost as expected to not exceed the 2.0 desired load request. Just curious if im missing something.

My guess is it might be in the Trans as I have not attempted tuning anything on that side. But before I dove into that I wanted to get opinions.

Mind you the tune I am attaching is after we attempted many changes and I feel its pretty aggressive but still would not change power output.

Thanks in advance.

426whp.hpl

f150_93 Oct_Tune v3 even more aggressive v2 423whp.hpt

Tuner
    Hey Syck, I looked at your log and tune, I don't think you have a limit at 2.0 air load. I suspect you're hitting a different limit that happens to be at approximately 2.0 air load (you can see at 5100 rpms you are at 2.05 air load). I think you need to log with less parameters, you can drop most the mapped points, it looks like 6->9 are the ones used during that pull if you want to keep a few. It looks like you're hitting comb. stab. limit and then turbo FMEM at 4500-4900 rmps, you can see your torque drop about 20 ft/lbs and the throttle start to close. Before that your throttle source is still 'TQ Red. < Driver Demand', which means your hitting some limit. If you can do a log with every 'source' logged, throttle position, and fewer extra parameters so there is better resolution on the sources and throttle it might help you narrow down where to look for the issue.

I appreciate the advice. I see the other limits I'm hitting because I was trying things to get the desired load to increase.

So I know it's not technically a limit I'm hitting. But for some reason the commanded load wont really exceed 2.0 even when throttle and torque source are ok. I want to try and get desired load to 2.2. So I'm struggling to find ehat needs adjusting to achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Puggyberra View Post
    Hey Syck, I looked at your log and tune, I don't think you have a limit at 2.0 air load. I suspect you're hitting a different limit that happens to be at approximately 2.0 air load (you can see at 5100 rpms you are at 2.05 air load). I think you need to log with less parameters, you can drop most the mapped points, it looks like 6->9 are the ones used during that pull if you want to keep a few. It looks like you're hitting comb. stab. limit and then turbo FMEM at 4500-4900 rmps, you can see your torque drop about 20 ft/lbs and the throttle start to close. Before that your throttle source is still 'TQ Red. < Driver Demand', which means your hitting some limit. If you can do a log with every 'source' logged, throttle position, and fewer extra parameters so there is better resolution on the sources and throttle it might help you narrow down where to look for the issue.
    what puggy said