Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Now Offering 99-03 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke Support

HP Tuners Now Offering 99-03 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke Support

1999-2003 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke support now available

HP Tuners presents support for the 1999-2003 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke

This support is exclusive to the MPVI2 and VCM Suite Beta software
    With our latest version of VCM Suite Beta you can now tune your 7.3L F250, Excursion, and E-series Van
    The cost to license the PCM is 2 credits

• Click here to purchase an MPVI2
    • Click here to download the latest version of our VCM Suite software

Ford
    • F-250 7.3L Powerstroke
    • Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke
    • E-series Van 7.3L Powerstroke

For the full VCM Editor Change Log, please see the following link:
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Edi...changelog.html

For the full VCM Scanner Change Log, please see the following link:
    https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Sc...changelog.html

For more information, and to view the latest supported vehicles list, click here.

Last edited by Eric@HPTuners; 11-30-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Here is a sample file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

I don't see a torque to fuel map. Does the 7.3 not use one? The pedal map has units of percent, and I'm wondering what they refer to?

Tuner
    The pedal map is going to tie Throttle position to a Fuel Mass Desired percentage. This number translates to the Fuel Volume Desired in the Injector Pulsewidth Table.

Will this tune any parameters for the transmission on the 7.3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by staytuned View Post
    Will this tune any parameters for the transmission on the 7.3 ?
    Yes. Transmission is supported.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Thank you so much Eric!

I am very excited for this!

--Christian

Tuner in Training
    I'm getting a fail when I try reading. I've tried it on 2 different vehicles already. I have the latest beta update. Just wondering it I'm doing something wrong. It doesn't seem to find the VIN or what style of PCM it is. When I select EEC-V and enter the VIN manually. it tries reading and them fails.
    1999 7.3L Powerstroke Garret 38R, 238/200 Shop built injectors, Minotaur tuning
    2015 6.7L Powerstroke

Quote Originally Posted by bstroked View Post
    i'm getting a fail when i try reading. I've tried it on 2 different vehicles already. I have the latest beta update. Just wondering it i'm doing something wrong. It doesn't seem to find the vin or what style of pcm it is. When i select eec-v and enter the vin manually. It tries reading and them fails.
    mpvi2?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jr2185 View Post
    mpvi2?
    Yes
    2015 6.7L Powerstroke

Potential Tuner
    My excursion would do that on a snap on scanner and I would cycle the key off and back on fast and retry

Tuner in Training
    Thanks!! It worked!!! I turned the key on like normal and then right before I did a read, I quickly turned the key off then on. Now though I get a checksum error and definition failed to load. So have to figure that out.
    2015 6.7L Powerstroke

Potential Tuner

just trying to scan

Quote Originally Posted by bstroked View Post
    Thanks!! It worked!!! I turned the key on like normal and then right before I did a read, I quickly turned the key off then on. Now though I get a checksum error and definition failed to load. So have to figure that out.
    I just got the mpvi2 pro, downloaded the suite and the beta. when hooked up to our 2000 f350 7.3, the only thing that shows up on the table is the rpm, vehicle speed and boost. everything seems to work fine on our 2012 f150, and 1999 Silverado. just have problems with the powerstroke. I'm just trying to see what is happening when 4 of the cylinders are shutting off at "over 1500 rpm and more than 2 lbs of boost" condition occurs. any ideas on what I need to do to read this vehicle?

Tuner in Training
    I haven't messed much with the scan software.. I use my nDash for that... The little I've messed with it though, I you have to add channels before you can add PIDs.. It took awhile for me to figure that out and i didn't have the time to set it all up... How do you know it's shutting 4 concerts off?

Tuner in Training
    Okay so the 7.3l powerstroke is suppose to be able to tune now...I have jumped threw all the upgrade hoops an am not getting what I need... so long story short 2002 f350 powerstroke 7.3l. I scan it I get like 3 parameters I can see that is all why? I have not gone to the tune side yet. The truck has t4 turbo an upgraded valve body. It is currently running a hydra setup. The truck is lagging in shifts an not shifting correctly. HP what do i need to do to get scan acess. With my duramax I can see everything shift points time to shift ect... I am stuck an no where does anyone say anything about how this is suppose to work on these trucks. Ideally I would like to go to stock tune an tune it with HP. Is this possible? What are the steps here? How do I get to see the other parameters? Thank you

Tuner in Training
    Seriously not even a response from HP!😂

Do you have the Beta software? Try emailing support, I get a response within 24 hours every time

Quote Originally Posted by onebigburb View Post
    Seriously not even a response from HP!��
    do you know how to get the tunes from your hydro? if so I can adjust them for you, then you can still have your 15position adjustability if needed

Tuner
    For those of you looking for more information on the Scanner PIDS. I am working on putting a list of them together to email into support so that we can get them added. All the Ford diesels lack a few critical PIDs that are needed to successfully tune them. But HP Tuners is very good about helping out and getting stuff added.

It should be know that as of now the only way to be able to work a file from the 7.3s is to read it and email it to support and they fix the checksum and send it back. It's a pain but it is what it is.

I have disconnected the aftermarket chips that were installed in the truck before pulling the tune out so I can't speak to how that will work.

Is it possible to read my hydra tunes with vcm editor and be able to change trans shifting?