Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP Tuners Now Offering 99-03 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke Support

i have not tried to read a 7.3 pcm with the "chip" plugged in, but i would recommend against it, why not just adjust the tunes from the hydra? and skip Hp, since they dont support the Switch on fly like a ts 6pos or hydra

Is it possible to adjust the hydra tunes with hp?

no, you need to use winols or minatour

silver64- what box code are you working with?

Has anyone tried the scanner on these lately to see if they added any PIDs? I have someone that wants one tuned, but if nothing has been added maybe i'll see what Forscan can log.

any update on this vehicle? I have a 2000 f350 7.3 and mpvi2. every time I try to connect with the vehicle running to scan and log pids it kills the truck.....not to sure what to think. I'm not going to license the truck if I can't log and scan codes...

Is the truck an early 99?

Potential Tuner
    any one got links that work for the scanner and editor trying to look at my 7.3 excursion or a link for the pids if kadams87 uploaded some

Potential Tuner
    I'm getting the "definitions failed to load" error when "attempting to contact HP Tuner servos" error when reading my 2003 7.3. My response from HP Tuner support was:
    Thank you for contacting support

I have forwarded the file to our engineer for review, unfortunately I'm not able to offer any eta or any promises for this application.

Potential Tuner
    I'm trying to build a bench setup for a 2001 7.3. I have the Data Link Connector wired to the PCM, and all power and grounds connected.
    When I attempt to read or scan, I get "unable to setect vehicle diagnostic protocol"
    I'm using the latest Beta on an MPVI2.
    Anyone else have a functioning bench setup?
    Last edited by truxellm; 03-28-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by truxellm View Post
    I'm getting the "definitions failed to load" error when "attempting to contact HP Tuner servos" error when reading my 2003 7.3. My response from HP Tuner support was:
    Thank you for contacting support

I have forwarded the file to our engineer for review, unfortunately I'm not able to offer any eta or any promises for this application.
    Just wait the engineer will fix your file and send it back to you so you can tune it. Worst case they will just send you a stock copy of your current strategy.

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone have any experience tuning for single shot injectors?

why even release so called "support" for stuff if it hasnt even been proven to work at all. all this does is make it a huge waste of time for whoever attempts it and a complete waste of money for nothing

Potential Tuner

1999 7.3L Powerstroke

Quote Originally Posted by bstroked View Post
    Thanks!! It worked!!! I turned the key on like normal and then right before I did a read, I quickly turned the key off then on. Now though I get a checksum error and definition failed to load. So have to figure that out.
    HEY, CAN YOU UPLOAD YOUR STOCK FILE FOR THE 1999 7.3L Powerstroke.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaegerwrenching View Post
    just wait the engineer will fix your file and send it back to you so you can tune it. Worst case they will just send you a stock copy of your current strategy.
    hey, you happen to have a stock copy you can upload? I'd really appreciate it.

Following

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LM7S104X4 View Post
    any update on this vehicle? I have a 2000 f350 7.3 and mpvi2. every time I try to connect with the vehicle running to scan and log pids it kills the truck.....not to sure what to think. I'm not going to license the truck if I can't log and scan codes...
    Not that you care by now I am sure. I am going to bet you have an aftermarket lift pump. When you connect with it running it cuts power an your lift pump turns off. You will need to direct wire your lift pump to battery in that case.
    1999 chevy suburban 7.4l on 40's
    2006 chevy 2500hd duramax
    2004 chevy trailblazer wife's wheeler
    1999 ford f250 7.3l super duty
    2008 ford f350 6.4l super duty
    1994 chevy s10 4.3 vortech heads w/ tbi intake stock plan to bag one day
    2010 bmw 535xi wife's DD