Thread: GM LA1 V6 3.4 Overspeed/Underspeed Tables

Tuner

GM LA1 V6 3.4 Overspeed/Underspeed Tables

Hello,

I opened up a bin file for a 2002 Pontiac Grand AM GT 3.4L LA1 (12223483), I have already tuned this car prior and most of the important tabs necessary to get the car running well are available. However I am looking for Idle Overspeed & Underspeed adjustability and I do not see those options available like with most of the V8 Bins. I opened up Tunerpro RT and it appears as though it is available: B5935 & B5936 Idle speed control spark advance for Idle Overspeed/Underspeed. I tried going through the process of "User Defining" the parameters but it appears as though I need a specific license to do this. My simple question is, before I proceed to spend time and money on this, is it possible?

Thanks

Dan

I never had a need for such tables for the 3400 and 3800 of that era.

Here is a Tune a did for a Family memeber's 2000 Impala 3400. Car went from not being able to go full throttle due to 10+ degrees of KR, to flying around with ZERO KR. And I didn't touch the timing tables. Left them Stock.

2000_Impala3.4_tuned.hpt

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBoostBuick View Post
    I never had a need for such tables for the 3400 and 3800 of that era.

Here is a Tune a did for a Family memeber's 2000 Impala 3400. Car went from not being able to go full throttle due to 10+ degrees of KR, to flying around with ZERO KR. And I didn't touch the timing tables. Left them Stock.

2000_Impala3.4_tuned.hpt
    In theory it would be nice to have for a big cam, but in reality... (and I agree this is stupid) it would be nice to be able to adjust for idle sound quality. I spoke to someone who is looking for a choppy idle, and this at least on the V8s is the best way to go about it.

Dan