Thread: Spark Knock

Tuner in Training

Spark Knock

Hello everyone, I have recently done a 2015 5.3 swap and sometimes it sounds like I am getting some spark knock around 3000 rpms. I hooked up the scanner today and it did show some spark retard and one point. I have been running premium gas and the tune is basically stock, all I have done is play around with the power enrichment some. you can see the knock at around the 7 min mark. What do you guys think it could be, thanks

recent drive.hpl

power-enrich1.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by vtx View Post
    Hello everyone, I have recently done a 2015 5.3 swap and sometimes it sounds like I am getting some spark knock around 3000 rpms. I hooked up the scanner today and it did show some spark retard and one point. I have been running premium gas and the tune is basically stock, all I have done is play around with the power enrichment some. you can see the knock at around the 7 min mark. What do you guys think it could be, thanks

recent drive.hpl

power-enrich1.hpt
    Did not go into PE mode at 7min part. Stayed at 1.0 EQ commanded. You need to log quite a few more channels to get a full picture of what is going on... torque values, etc.