Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I increase cylinder airmass axis?

Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong1990 View Post
    no, that table currently only exists in EFI life. if you read it back with HP it will be in the HEX code but not visible to you.

what your airmass max out at boost wise and how much boost u run high boost?

what timing low and high boost do you want to run

I’m not sure what my airmass is. I’ll go back in my logs.

I have different boost maps I run. But here’s the problem. I run 10lbs max right now. I get a little spark know and I can only run around 10-12 degrees of timing at 10lbs. But at 7 lbs I can run 14-15 and at 5lvs I can run 16-18 degrees. I have boost by gear and run lower boost in 1st and second. When I have the timing down low like that to accommodate 10lbs, the car is slow in 1st and second. It sucks. Figure if efiLive could do this, why can’t hptuners? I thought hptuners was the leader in gm tuning?
    2004 5.7 gto
    7875 turbo
    Heads/cam

Advanced Tuner
    surely you have the resolution to see 5PSI boost before 1.20 g/cyl. you should be able to use factory table for 5PSI and 7PSI but I assume 7PSI would be near on the end of resolution.

I believe HP tuners are in the process of adding it now. I did ask for it, purely to get around this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong1990 View Post
    surely you have the resolution to see 5PSI boost before 1.20 g/cyl. you should be able to use factory table for 5PSI and 7PSI but I assume 7PSI would be near on the end of resolution.

I believe HP tuners are in the process of adding it now. I did ask for it, purely to get around this problem.
    I wouldn’t count on that. I emailed them and I was told I could scale it and he included a link that took me to nowhere lol. I say nowhere but it wasn’t anything that pertain led to this. I wish they would add it. Would make things really nice.
    2004 5.7 gto
    7875 turbo
    Heads/cam

7psi maxes the cylinder airmass out.
    2004 5.7 gto
    7875 turbo
    Heads/cam

Tuner in Training
    https://vimeo.com/ondemand/sloppymechanics/

video No.5 how to scale a 3bar SD tune

Tuner
    Here's what I just did because I'm getting ready to put a supercharger on my 2017 Camaro SS

Find the sample ZL1 tune, open the spark table and right click on the row axis and select "edit". What the graph opens "copy" the top airmass scale. Then open the tune you want to expand, open the spark table, right click row axis and select edit. When the graph opens paste it into the top where it show row axis numbers.
    2017 Camaro SS, Flow Tech axle back, Roto Fab, Nick Williams 103 TB, BBK long tube headers, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyC View Post
    Here's what I just did because I'm getting ready to put a supercharger on my 2017 Camaro SS

Find the sample ZL1 tune, open the spark table and right click on the row axis and select "edit". What the graph opens "copy" the top airmass scale. Then open the tune you want to expand, open the spark table, right click row axis and select edit. When the graph opens paste it into the top where it show row axis numbers.
    That works on a gen 5 e92 style computer, I mod axis on half the tables.. but not on any gen 3 ECMs