Thread: VCM Scanner Layout Repository

Tuner in Training

VCM Scanner Layout Repository

Hello everyone my name is Josh and I'm new to hp tuners and the the scanner particularly. I have been trying to find some layouts for gen 3 trucks but i haven't had much luck. I keep finding the "Configuration & Histogram Repository" thread that started in 2006 but for some reason I still haven't found the "Repository" I cant find anything for VCM suite V4.

I have tried to "load vehicle defaults" but still have some blank fields I want. I have been using Holley EFI for a couple of years and the data logging was a non issue for me but this is much different.

So as per "Thread: Important instructions when asking for V3.0 Scanner assistance" I have included some files but... I couldn't find the Math file?
    01 chevrolet 1500 6.0 first pull.hpl
    01 silverado 1500 6.0 defaults.Channels.xml
    01 silverado 1500 6.0 defaults.Charts.xml
    01 silverado 1500 6.0 defaults.Gauges.xml
    01 silverado 1500 6.0 defaults.Graphs.xml
    JT 01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0 4L80E Stock.hpt
    01 silverado 1500 6.0 defaults.Layout.xml

There is no repository for 4.0+ that I know of yet.

Here is the basics, whatever you wish to log MUST BE PRESENT IN THE MAIN CHANNELS LIST. If something is showing up blank or with incorrect data in the charts, gauges or graphs you are logging the wrong channel or the channel is completely missing.

Like for example you are logging the APP (accel pedal position) and that computer/calibration/vehicle likely does not use that channel so your TPS value in the charts is blank. You need to remove that channel and add in the Throttle position sensor channel.

Once you add your injector pulse width avg for both banks you injector duty cycle will appear by itself.

A lot of the things that you can create in the graphs is sorta custom to what you are doing. There are a few write right ups in the VCM scanner section for things like fuel trim tuning, wideband tuning the VE table and MAF tables.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Like for example you are logging the APP (accel pedal position) and that computer/calibration/vehicle likely does not use that channel so your TPS value in the charts is blank. You need to remove that channel and add in the Throttle position sensor channel.

Once you add your injector pulse width avg for both banks you injector duty cycle will appear by itself.
    Thanks 5FDP That helped a lot... Now that is fixed i would like to add "actual AFR" but that is not as easy as those last two were. I have O2 Voltage but I would like to see actual AFR.
    I'll do some more research on that.

I have an Innovate motorsports LM-2 dual WBO2 that I'll put the truck up on the lift and weld some bungs in this week and try to set that up as well.

I thought the help file was a little funny though...

Step 2. Start Scanning
    ?In VCM Scanner, simply click the red record icon to "Start Scanning".

?That's it! VCM Scanner will automatically load default Channels for your vehicle!
    Last edited by Poor not lazy; 12-02-2018 at 04:26 PM.