Thread: two issues, starts then stalls, and e85 content

two issues, starts then stalls, and e85 content

this is my first time trying to do a tune start to finish, before this it was ve, pe and timing adjustments

its a p59 ecu in my 97 vette with 3bar os, bosch 210s and flex sensor wired in.

the issues
    1. car will start up instantly, rpms go up to 1200-1500, they start dropping back down and continue to drop until it stalls(also the first start after a flash will run longer then subsequent times)
    2. alcohol content will read once when the tune is first loaded, but after that it will not update

what ive done so far
    segment swap 05 avalanche "engine" to my tune file
    compare file to a tune on the sloppy tune cabinet with flex, 3 bar, bosch 210s and 4l80
    populated all the tables that were different in the compare log, except the trans because mine is a 4l60

I have tried adjusting base running airflow X .75 and 1.25 to see if any of that helps but it is the same any way I try to adjust the airflow.

attached are the file with no airflow adjustments, log with 1.25 increase in base running and my config.

210s flex wont idle.hpt
    bASE running 1.25.hpl
    1.Channels.xml

Tuner in Training
    First suggestion would be to enable DTCs surrounding the Flex Fuel sensor. It may be "failing", and reverting back to the 38% alcohol content you have set. You could possibly try changing the default to a value representative of what you have in the tank. Just a thought. I'm by no means an expert.

Senior Tuner
    i wouldnt recommend the bosch 210lb for ethanol they dont have stainless internals

Advanced Tuner
    why does your MAP sensor read 89KPA after it stalls the first time?

whats your atmospheric pressure and what sensor is fitted?