Thread: Am I getting false knock

Potential Tuner

Am I getting false knock

Completely new at this and don't really have a clue yet. But after my first logs tonight I noticed I get knock retard only from a dead stop. Going full throttle after I'm already moving doesn't result in any knock. So it has me wondering if this could be false knock. The car is completely stock. Borderline and MBT tables have not been touched. I did set cylinder pressure to 63 everywhere. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

18-12-02 21-38-45.hpl18-12-02 21-54-58.hpl

Potential Tuner
    I put the factory tune back in the car and still getting some knock. This is on 93 octane with some Boostane in it. I haven't seen many logs and I'm not familiar with what knock retard usually looks like but I wouldn't expect it to stay that steady through a pull and gradually taper off in 3rd gear. I also wouldn't expect any on a stock tune with 93 and a little Boostane mixed in.

stock tune.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    It's not false knock. Your getting Trans Truncation and a lot of blending between your tables. Lower OP Enable Pedal position and OP Enable Load. Disable OP enrichment required. change PE pedal position too and your fuel trims need to be dialed in. Post a tune that matches your logs and you can get a more in depth answer. You have too much WOT blending.

Potential Tuner
    I really appreciate your reply!

Here is the tune and log I posted first. It had the most knock.

my2012gt12022018.hpt
    18-12-02 21-38-45.hpl

Here is the stock tune and log from it.

my2012gtstocktune.hpt
    stock tune.hpl

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    It's not false knock. Your getting Trans Truncation and a lot of blending between your tables. Lower OP Enable Pedal position and OP Enable Load. Disable OP enrichment required. change PE pedal position too and your fuel trims need to be dialed in. Post a tune that matches your logs and you can get a more in depth answer. You have too much WOT blending.

Curious why you suggest disabling OP Enrichment?