Advanced Tuner

OL Cold Start

Customers car:

2017 5.0

TT On3 kit

ID 1000 (not 1050x)

return style system

6R80

Car runs and drives fine, at wot its great but for some odd reason it won't come out of (OL) Cold start; it dives straight to .80 as soon as you touch the throttle but at idle it targets 1.00 perfectly. Has anyone else ever run into this? My first time ever seeing this happen.

Advanced Tuner
    That's odd, haven't see that happen before, when you made the file did you manually input all the table data, or did you use the copy differences in the comparison window? I've had random little bugs like this before when using copy selected differences, when I do I go back to the stock file and manually change all the numbers over and this tends to resolve it, I suspect something in the code doesn't get copied right, often times, it's something in the spark table section that causes it, never did bother trying to narrow it down further though. Same for weird no-start issues on 6r80 cars after a tune, always something in spark table

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    That's odd, haven't see that happen before, when you made the file did you manually input all the table data, or did you use the copy differences in the comparison window? I've had random little bugs like this before when using copy selected differences, when I do I go back to the stock file and manually change all the numbers over and this tends to resolve it, I suspect something in the code doesn't get copied right, often times, it's something in the spark table section that causes it, never did bother trying to narrow it down further though. Same for weird no-start issues on 6r80 cars after a tune, always something in spark table
    For me it's always something in torque tables - try copying the GT350 axes. They will never be the same again.
    Last edited by veeefour; 11-28-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    No, everthing was done by hand and I have 0 IPC error so I'm really confused.

Advanced Tuner
    Issue fixed:

Didn't want to fight with it so we just flashed using IDS and started clean, the car is running perfectly now.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txtailtorcher View Post
    Issue fixed:

Didn't want to fight with it so we just flashed using IDS and started clean, the car is running perfectly now.
    Very odd, same tune changes too? Might be related to something weird int he flash, I've had to revert to stock before and then build a new tune sometimes as well

Advanced Tuner
    Very odd, same tune changes too? Might be related to something weird int he flash, I've had to revert to stock before and then build a new tune sometimes as well
    Same exact changes, I'm thinking the same, maybe something happened while writing or saving the files. oh well

Maybe Eric@HPtuners can help out on this issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txtailtorcher View Post
    Same exact changes, I'm thinking the same, maybe something happened while writing or saving the files. oh well
    I ran into one issue where my personal 18 would hit insufficient fuel flow when doing WOT pulls and the DI system would complete shut down to like 600psi, could not figure out what in the world was causing it, I ended up flashing to stock deleting my files, and then using save as to make a new file and with the same changes, no issues