Thread: Default list of channels

Default list of channels

Probably something very easy that I am missing but how do I set the default channels that are in the scanner? Every time I open the scanner I have to open my saved channel list again. I have tried saving the layout and locking it but it resets every time.

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Are you saving in My Documents > HPTuners > VCM Scanner > Channels, Layouts, Graphs etc?

Yep. Everything is in there. It will keep the layout and the charts and graphs. Just not the correct channel list.

I have been using process monitor to figure out if it was having issues reading or writing files but I didn't find an issue yet. I did find that when vcm scanner opens it does not read the individual channel, chart, etc. files. It does read the "VCM Scanner.cfg" and other scanner files in the HP Tuners\Settings directory. For some reason this file was not being updated before. I don't know why it was not updating but this last time that I opened scanner, changed the channel list, then closed scanner; the "VCM Scanner.cfg" file updated and now it has kept the correct channel list that I want.

So... I don't know. I will keep trying to figure this out. Maybe it is some type of bug.

One thing that would be nice would be being able to see which channel/layouts title you have open if you have several.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7