Thread: problem with 2010 ram

Tuner in Training

problem with 2010 ram

Hi!
    I had a problem today with the ram of a client, I can not download the ecm, there is an error message. It takes a corresponding prog of the databank. When I try to see DTCs they are not available.... If I flash this random prog to ecm, can i have acces to DTC?

hpt problem7.jpg

hpt problem1.jpg

hpt problem2.jpg

hpt problem3.jpg

hpt problem4.jpg

hpt problem5.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by se_sun1997 View Post
    Hi!
    I had a problem today with the ram of a client, I can not download the ecm, there is an error message. It takes a corresponding prog of the databank. When I try to see DTCs they are not available.... If I flash this random prog to ecm, can i have acces to DTC?

hpt problem7.jpg

hpt problem1.jpg

hpt problem2.jpg

hpt problem3.jpg

hpt problem4.jpg

hpt problem5.jpg
    The message you get when trying to read the truck is normal. It is telling you that it isn't going to read the actual calibration from your ECM, but will instead supply you with a stock base to work from. It goes on to warn you that if you already had a custom tune in the ECM, you will lose said custom tune since it obviously isn't reading it, and you would forever lose those changes. Standard procedure with a lot of these trucks. Just be sure to save a copy of the stock base and keep it somewhere safe where you will just leave it alone, then, any time you need to make changes to the calibration, just keep working from the modified file as you progress. You will never be able to read a tune from the ECM, even after you tune it with HP Tuners. It will always just supply you with a stock base any time you try to read.

As for not seeing the parameters you're looking for, you're probably in "Basic" mode. Just go to [Edit] [View], and select "Advanced".

Tuner in Training
    I'm in the advanced mode and don't have de DTC tab

Advanced Tuner
    What DTC are you looking for?

Tuner in Training
    this tab:

hptuners.jpg

Tuner in Training
    in the engine diag section of the hpt file, i dont have it

hpt problem2.jpg

Tuner in Training
    Probably means they aren't mapped out for that ecm/os. You will have to use customer defined parameters or find another way to do what you need.

Also be careful with that supplied file..... if the truck has a programmer or another "tune" in it then if flashed with the file you got supplied it will be back to stock.
    Last edited by jbauto; 12-05-2018 at 12:19 AM.