Thread: How do I know if my trans is slipping?

Tuner

How do I know if my trans is slipping?

I have a turbocharged S10 with 4.3/4L60E. Off the line doesn't feel as strong as it used to in the past, and the high end shifts are weak.

The power delivery is not very linear, so how can I tell if my issue is power related or if my trans may be slipping?

I cannot find anything in the scan logs which seem to indicate anything about the trans. Anything I can/should be watching?

Maybe scan TCC Slip.

I'm just throwing an idea around. I'm not sure if TCC slip is relevant towards your inquiry.
    In my scans as I go into full throttle I see around 500 rpm tcc slip, and the longer I hold full throttle the lower the TCC slip is regardless of gear shifting.

But if your RPM climb but truck is not pulling, it might also be fuel related. Hook up a wideband if you haven't already.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBoostBuick View Post
    Maybe scan TCC Slip.
    I don't see TCC Slip anywhere in my collected logs. Options seem slim with a Chevy 4.3

Hook up a wideband if you haven't already.
    I have a wideband, although not connected to data logging. I'm tuned on the rich side, I know that.

Is it slipping in certain gears or in all gears ???
    Last edited by ZeroBoostBuick; 04-25-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Tuner
    Is it slipping in certain gears or in all gears ???
    That's pretty much what I'm trying to find out, how I verify if it is slipping.

Normal cruising, you don't notice anything. Under WOT, top end upshifts feel weak and off the line doesn't seem to have as much bite as it did in the past. I don't know to tell if it due to slippage or tuning?