Thread: Predicted Eng Torque Source = Trans... but with no issues or side effects

Tuner in Training

Predicted Eng Torque Source = Trans... but with no issues or side effects

I was reviewing drag racing logs and i noticed couple logs had Predicted Engine Torque Source go to Trans in 4th and 5th gear.

I have heard of people experiencing loss of power, or throttle closing, or spark being taken away, or somekind of torque management kicking in.. BUT i had no issues or side effects ... Throttle was open, spark was where i commanded and lambda was as expected... No power loss...

Does this make sense to anyone ??

Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    I was reviewing drag racing logs and i noticed couple logs had Predicted Engine Torque Source go to Trans in 4th and 5th gear.

I have heard of people experiencing loss of power, or throttle closing, or spark being taken away, or somekind of torque management kicking in.. BUT i had no issues or side effects ... Throttle was open, spark was where i commanded and lambda was as expected... No power loss...

Does this make sense to anyone ??
    if you have raised your torque limits in the TCM then even if you hit hidden criteria to have Trans limits, the limits will be high and they won't actually do anything.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    if you have raised your torque limits in the TCM then even if you hit hidden criteria to have Trans limits, the limits will be high and they won't actually do anything.
    I was assuming so, but wanted to ask anyways...