Thread: Which thermostat?

Which thermostat?

One thing i neglected in doing after going forced induction was changing out my thermostat, especially here in Houston. Should I go with the 174 or 160?

I'm thinking 160 because I usually don't go past 4th gear while cursing around town. I like to keep the engine spinning around 2000rpm. Not to mention sitting in traffic in the middle of summer.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostnotes View Post
    One thing i neglected in doing after going forced induction was changing out my thermostat, especially here in Houston. Should I go with the 174 or 160?

I'm thinking 160 because I usually don't go past 4th gear while cursing around town. I like to keep the engine spinning around 2000rpm. Not to mention sitting in traffic in the middle of summer.
    Since you're tuning the car anyway, definitely go for the 160. The 174 is for cars that will not be tuned. Go for the Katech thermostat, the rest are junk (Weapon X, Mishimoto, etc).
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

Tuner in Training
    Dedicated Motorsports also makes a Billet Thermostat housing that can run any LS thermostat. Ive had much better results running them than the aftermarket LT.

I went with the 160 Ktech.Maybe also get a little more timing out of it.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7