Thread: Logging Manifold pressure

Logging Manifold pressure

So with talk of the new SD calculators being added to the software I was looking into how I could log MAP into the the logger. I noticed while looking at the AC parameters in the logger there is one listed AC pressure voltage. I checked out the sensor and it looks like its a 3 wire sensor. I was thinking of making a jumper harness that plugs into the ac sensor plug and goes to a map sensor for a temporary setup. Anyone see any issues with doing this on a temporary basis while leaving the AC system turned off? Maybe some codes will need to be disabled etc?

Advanced Tuner
    how are you going to define the transfer function for the new MAP sensor? Best way I see of being able to log MAP is to add a GM 3 bar map to the car and then connect it to one of your analog input, set the transfer function then log it along with all the other parameters

PLX boost sensor module wired to analog input on the pro interface is how I'm doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    how are you going to define the transfer function for the new MAP sensor? Best way I see of being able to log MAP is to add a GM 3 bar map to the car and then connect it to one of your analog input, set the transfer function then log it along with all the other parameters
    Just log the raw voltage and use one of the Math channels to scale it.

As for using the MPVI input, that you'll need a 12v sensor like the aeroforce etc. I haven't tested yet, but i'm betting the AC sensor is a 5v regulated output and i've already got a few 3 bar sensors laying around.

I feed my Aeroforce gauges with the 3.5 Bar sensor, so it would be a matter of simply disconnecting the wiring and connecting to the analog inputs. Next week, I will do this and see what results I obtain.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

So can I hook up a 3 bar GM MAP sensor I have directly to the MPVI? Its got 3 wires. So switched power from fuse block, ground and run 3rd wire to HPT? Can someone walk me through this?

2015 Mustang GT

Thanks!

The gm sensor is 5volt reference I use a 2 bar on mine but it is run through a 5v voltage regulator and then I use raw data and run threw math to get it precise I'll post pic later on

Your attachment is not in a viewable format. Upload via advanced using the paperclip.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Hmm. So run 12v switched power to a reducer to the MAP power wire?

Quote Originally Posted by Racerbox77 View Post
    Hmm. So run 12v switched power to a reducer to the MAP power wire?

yup pretty much 12v to a 5v regulator then to sensor

i had been making these regulators for local audio shop new fords only use 5v to turn on factory amps so aftermarket radios make factory amps pop when turned on

bbrokes, did you successfully do this?

I am currently running my MAP sensor into my nGauge to work on SD corrections. But man, dealing with the nGauge logging data outside of scanner is a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    bbrokes, did you successfully do this?

I am currently running my MAP sensor into my nGauge to work on SD corrections. But man, dealing with the nGauge logging data outside of scanner is a chore.

Yeah, been using it for a awhile now. Works good enough for me. Sampling rate is a little slower than using the MPVI input tho.
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 02-02-2019 at 05:33 PM.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Cool, thank you.