Thread: 06 Procharged GT

06 Procharged GT

Hi guys,

First time dealing with the ford platform. I am currently trying to adjust the torque table since the car is equipped with a procharger. will be getting a 50 shot of nitrous on top of that. (39 lbs injectors seems to be small for the power output expected)

I know I have to plot Indicated Engine torque against Load and then use the function to calculate the inverse torque.

The problem I have is that when I want to log indicated engine torque and load, the scanner only have indicated engine torque REFERENCE and when I want to log Load, the only option available is Calculated load which seems to not go higher than 1.

I have previously increased the load axis under the spark tables to 1.5 to give me some headroom. Or that is not needed ?

Here is a log with calibration file.

Thanks for your input.
    2250RPM_steady.hplFBNF255_tuned_rev1.hpt

I had the last row of the torque table dialed up pretty good. (torque error showing -40Nm approx) Then I decided to go and modified the driver demand table to see what would happen and now the indicated engine torque numbers went from 550 to 685 more or less...

What is the proper way to do it ? leave driver demand alone and adjust indicated torque only ? Or ask for more driver demand first and then adjust the indicated torque table ?

Seems like I am chasing my tail...

Thanks for your input.

any input would be helpfull, torque table are almost stock but the car is running pretty good with no throttle closure or anything related to a torque error. I just wanted to have the right way to do it.

Still could use any info on that. Cheers

Did you ever get more info/help on this? I'm headed down the same road.
    RAW Racing in Tampa, Fla.
    Providing custom LS tuning and performance upgrades.

Advanced Tuner
    To achieve a higher load. You'll need to rescale torque table and calculate the inverse.

Pay attention to Engine Brake Torque, ETC Torque Request and calculated load if thats your only option. Indicated and scheduled are the same.
    If your EBT is more than scheduled, you definitely need to adjust torque tables.
    If EBT is more than ETC Req. you need to increase driver demand.
    Changing torque tables could move EBT and load up or down.
    You chose to rescale spark to 1.5 load. That's a 50% increase in air flow. Forcing 6.9 liters into your motor. Roughly 7 or 8 psi.
    When you rescale. Chose wisely. Your tables will interpolate. I'd go with 1 .2. 3 .4. 5 .6 .8 1 1.25 1.5. Use your 3d model to smooth the table.

I appreciate your answer ThatWhite5.0. I will need to do some more logging when I get the car back from the supercharger rebuild to make sure everything is perfect.

It was my understanding that EBT was the torque the engine produces when brakes are applied. I guess I was wrong. Looking at my log EBT is not higher than indicated but it's higher than ETC torque request so I should bump driver demand ?

If I bump driver demand, then I need to re-do my torque table and calculate the inverse.

I am just trying to understand what table need to be tuned first.

Thanks again.