Thread: Need help lq4 turbo dies at 2000 RPM

Potential Tuner

Need help lq4 turbo dies at 2000 RPM

I have a stock lq4 turbo that can rev to the limiter but when I test drive it if falls on its face at 2000rpm. I checked the tranny abuse and I think I turned them off but its still doing it. can a bad maf fail cause this? lq4 with th350 but I have ecu with 4l60 trans not non electric because of switch I made.

Can't help you without the tune file.

If you do not have a manual OS you can segment swap the transmission section with, leave it as a 4L60e but disable everything transmission related in the tune file. So all transmission related DTC's, abuse modes and torque mngt settings related to the transmission.

MAF fail settings should be MAF fail high set to 0hz and all 3 MAF dtc's set to MIL on first error with the SES boxes unchecked.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks tried that and it didn?t fix issue. So it not the tune I?m thinking its my torque converter.

Well, you gotta show us something otherwise you won't get any further help.

We have no idea what you changed in the computer and if any of those settings are correct. So it could be tune related or mechanical.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.