Thread: 2014 CTS-V going catless

2014 CTS-V going catless

I'm going to be installing b&b test pipes shortly. Main reason is i dropped down to a 2.35" pulley and don't want to run the risk of burning them up. Guys that have done this, are you able to run a few more degrees of timing at WOT than WITH cats? I'm currently at 16* at WOT in the upper rpms with a 2.55" on 91/93 octane (which seems pretty normal). I know i can always trial and error this, but i'd figured i'd ask first. thanks

Less exhaust restriction can lead to more ignition timing

That's what I figured, just wanted to get some feedback from someone who has done it already

Tuner in Training
    16* on 93 seems low. On 93 and catless I'm at 20* on E85 it's 27*

With my C6Z06 twin turbo I also significantly leaned out my fuel curve especially during idle

I'm at 16.5 on 91 in AZ with cats.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: 8.6 Lower, Spectre Performance CAI, Billy Boat Exhaust, Stoptech Drilled & Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, 6K HID Fogs, Full ATS-V Emblem Conversion, Full LED Conversion, Hard Line Delete W/ 3/4" Lines
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Quote Originally Posted by asteggall View Post
    16* on 93 seems low. On 93 and catless I'm at 20* on E85 it's 27*
    occasional 91 octane goes in too. 16 is above 4000 rpms i believe ( i don't have my tune in front of me at the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by ttz06vette View Post
    With my C6Z06 twin turbo I also significantly leaned out my fuel curve especially during idle
    i will take a look at this once i install them....thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    occasional 91 octane goes in too. 16 is above 4000 rpms i believe ( i don't have my tune in front of me at the moment).
    Dealing with 91 sucks.

also, do any of you guys know which codes to disable in hptuners to prevent the CEL from popping up? I know i can disable any of the cat testing but i wasn't sure which codes to set to "NO ERROR REPORTED". Do i just disable anything that has to do with the "sensor 2" included in the description?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    also, do any of you guys know which codes to disable in hptuners to prevent the CEL from popping up? I know i can disable any of the cat testing but i wasn't sure which codes to set to "NO ERROR REPORTED". Do i just disable anything that has to do with the "sensor 2" included in the description?
    You got it anything to do with sensor 2.

sounds good, thanks