Thread: need basic bolt-on tune for ls2 auto corvette

Tuner in Training

need basic bolt-on tune for ls2 auto corvette

Hey everyone, I just purchased the software and I am in the process of learning as much as I can with the little time I've got. Could someone please send me a basic tune for a bolt on 05 corvette auto to get me started. I would like to put a tune on my car now while I'm learning. I have searched the repository and didn't find anything. Basically something that is safe for any bolt-on car like a hypertech tune would be and take out the torque management.
    Thanks! Brad

Depending on computer and transmission you have, taking out torque mngt on parts of the tune will make it worse.

Not even a hypertech tune or any handheld tuner would give you what you want because every engine is different and you must change the calibration to meet the engines needs.

Get a wideband o2 sensor as well, you must have one to tune the engine and dial in fueling.

Your base tune is always the stock tune, then change it as needed. If by bolt on's you did like headers/catback and an intake of sorts it won't be out of this world crazy hard to fix what needs to be done. A deeper dive like camshaft upgrade and so on will take more time.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply! So without even driving the car are there any basic things that can be done right out of the gate? 2005 corvette a4

Possibly.

But you never said what you did to the car and didn't post the tune file. Some things have to be done if you removed certain parts or something along those lines like with exhaust.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.