Thread: G8 GT 6l80e help

Potential Tuner

G8 GT 6l80e help

I'm semi new to HP Tuners and just had a FTI triple disc 2800-3200 Stall torque converter installed and have been having trouble with either my downshift around 40-45mph or my torque converter locking/unlocking around those speeds, one of these things is causing a really harsh jolt during deceleration through the mentioned speeds. Ill post my tune file. Any help will be greatly appreciated.NatesG8AfterTorqueConverter_1.hpt

Tuner
    I’m mobile at the moment but I can look at the file when I get home

Potential Tuner
    Thanks. Let me know if you need more info

Tuner in Training
    Seperate your lock and unlock speeds for 5th and 6th gear. Stock my car did this because the lock/unlock speeds are both set at 42mph
    08 G8 GT LSA
    04 GTP CompG XP cam SOLD

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wa04compg View Post
    Seperate your lock and unlock speeds for 5th and 6th gear. Stock my car did this because the lock/unlock speeds are both set at 42mph
    not sure of a way to post screenshots onto this forum, but i changed the 6th lock and unlock 2% higher. Would this be enough?

Tuner
    Set your shift speed normal 5th 2mph higher then the apply release for tcc and try 1 mph higher for the normal 6th shift speed above your normal 6th tcc

Tuner
    have you tuned this or a shop?

Tuner in Training
    For 6th set the 0% apply to 53 and the release to 50. Interpolate or manually smooth it out into the higher % throttle

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by G8NOOBIE View Post
    have you tuned this or a shop?
    Mixture of both myself and another person, the other person is a much more skilled tuner than myself. Why?

Tuner
    Just asking. What all is done to it? There’s certain things I would personally change but depends on mods

Potential Tuner
    Set your shift speed normal 5th 2mph higher then the apply release for tcc and try 1 mph higher for the normal 6th shift speed above your normal 6th tcc
    Quote Originally Posted by wa04compg View Post
    For 6th set the 0% apply to 53 and the release to 50. Interpolate or manually smooth it out into the higher % throttle
    Is this kind of what you are talking about? SeeNatesG8AfterTorqueConverter_Draft.hpt attached tune file

Potential Tuner
    Just asking. What all is done to it? There’s certain things I would personally change but depends on mods
    So for mods, all i really have is CAI, muffler delete (previous owner), DOD delete, and Duration [email protected] Lift .595" cam. What do you see that can be changed?

Tuner
    Sent you a pm

Advanced Tuner
    open your normal and pattern A part throttle shift schedule table next to its respective normal and pattern A TCC apply and release table.

referencing your first posted file and the "normal" tables your TCC clutch is literally releasing in 4th 1 single MPH before the downshift is being requested. you need more margin than that. 1 MPH isn't enough time to disengage the clutch completely before the downshift commences, especially if you're on the brakes coming up to a stop.

attached is a stock 6L80E file. compare the shift tables to the TCC apply and release tables and take note of how much margin (time) there is between commanding the events.lara stock.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong1990 View Post
    open your normal and pattern A part throttle shift schedule table next to its respective normal and pattern A TCC apply and release table.

referencing your first posted file and the "normal" tables your TCC clutch is literally releasing in 4th 1 single MPH before the downshift is being requested. you need more margin than that. 1 MPH isn't enough time to disengage the clutch completely before the downshift commences, especially if you're on the brakes coming up to a stop.

attached is a stock 6L80E file. compare the shift tables to the TCC apply and release tables and take note of how much margin (time) there is between commanding the events.lara stock.hpt
    Okay, and that leads me into another question. What does pattern A do and when does it take effect? My pattern B is just zeroed out.

Tuner
    Usually pattern a is for sport mode. No idea what pattern b does but I just leave mine zeroed out

Potential Tuner
    Capture.PNG How does this look?

Nate, Did you use the bluecat tuning table? If not, it's a lifesaver

Tuner
    For my L77 Holden (ChevSS) my Pattern A is for Cruise-Control and Pattern B is for Sport.
    Given the variations, it's probably best to scan TransShiftMode^ to see when the various pattern modes occur.

^ : in 4.0.12 of the Scanner (the latest that I know of), Trans Shift Mode gets shown as Unknown:14200 in the PID list, but works ok, but you can't find/add this PID with this version of Scanner. Beta 4.1.331 seems ok.
    Edit#2: Huh, 4.2.1 is available now and it's ok.
    Last edited by VFL77; 12-17-2018 at 04:22 AM.
    Ian B
    '15 Holden VF SSVR L77(gone), '19 Ford Ranger PX3 3.2TD, '22 Toyota GDJ150