Thread: Buying this soon and have a few questions.

Tuner in Training

Question Buying this soon and have a few questions.

For a 2002 GM vehicle.
    Which system do i buy?
    1- Want to log a WB O2 sensor
    2- Want the VE table to work off of the WB O2 sensor
    3- Add Flex fuel sensor if possible
    4- Want to log Boost
    5- Want to save and load different tunes at different times for whatever reasons.
    6- Want to log cranking though start

Also the computer has already been modified by HPtuners -- Do i need to use credits again to use my new Hptuners on it?

Could i save a previously loaded tune on my ECM by someone else on my laptop for back use in case i screw things up and need to go back to that tune?
    1986 GN Stand alone FAST XFI
    1968 Chevelle Turbo LQ4
    2014 Caprice 6.0 6L80

Quote Originally Posted by TURBOPOWERED68 View Post
    For a 2002 GM vehicle.
    Which system do i buy?
    1- Want to log a WB O2 sensor
    2- Want the VE table to work off of the WB O2 sensor
    3- Add Flex fuel sensor if possible
    4- Want to log Boost
    5- Want to save and load different tunes at different times for whatever reasons.
    6- Want to log cranking though start

Also the computer has already been modified by HPtuners -- Do i need to use credits again to use my new Hptuners on it?

Could i save a previously loaded tune on my ECM by someone else on my laptop for back use in case i screw things up and need to go back to that tune?

1. Either will let you use a wideband. The PRO feature stuff makes it easier.

2. You can and can't. The computer will never be able to use the wideband for anything, it was never designed to do that. You can create a specific channel in the scanner to log the commanded AFR against the actual AFR that the wideband is showing and apply that error to the tune. All that would be done with fuel trims and o2 sensors disabled. You can enable the o2 sensors and fuel trims after the fact.

3. That all depends on what OS you have. I believe in 2002 you can only use a 2002 tahoe calibration which is a toss up if that would even work with what you are doing. It would also cost you more money to do that if you didn't have the OS to begin with.

4. Any P01 and P59 will log boost, you just need the correct MAP sensor and if available an OS upgrade so you can tune for boost.

5. Either standard or PRO will let you make your tunes, write them and save them at any time. Once you have licensed your file you can do what you want to it forever.

6. The scanner function is the same for both, it lets you log it however you wish.

Yes you must use credits again because you have never licensed the computer yourself with your own interface.

Yes, you can save the previous tune and infact in this case you have to because that will be your base file to start with. Everything you do past that will be what you do yourself.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    1. Either will let you use a wideband. The PRO feature stuff makes it easier.

2. You can and can't. The computer will never be able to use the wideband for anything, it was never designed to do that. You can create a specific channel in the scanner to log the commanded AFR against the actual AFR that the wideband is showing and apply that error to the tune. All that would be done with fuel trims and o2 sensors disabled. You can enable the o2 sensors and fuel trims after the fact.

3. That all depends on what OS you have. I believe in 2002 you can only use a 2002 tahoe calibration which is a toss up if that would even work with what you are doing. It would also cost you more money to do that if you didn't have the OS to begin with.

4. Any P01 and P59 will log boost, you just need the correct MAP sensor and if available an OS upgrade so you can tune for boost.

5. Either standard or PRO will let you make your tunes, write them and save them at any time. Once you have licensed your file you can do what you want to it forever.

6. The scanner function is the same for both, it lets you log it however you wish.

Yes you must use credits again because you have never licensed the computer yourself with your own interface.

Yes, you can save the previous tune and infact in this case you have to because that will be your base file to start with. Everything you do past that will be what you do yourself.
    Thank you very much.
    1986 GN Stand alone FAST XFI
    1968 Chevelle Turbo LQ4
    2014 Caprice 6.0 6L80