Thread: having issues with sons car i bough, keeps changeing the lamba at idle to .70

Tuner in Training

having issues with sons car i bough, keeps changeing the lamba at idle to .70

bought this car 12 mustang tune was worked on (a6)4th and 5th locked out 4:10 gears p1sc stg 2 tuner version w no tuner...car wont run right i have hptuners so i pulled down the tune and started going through it...cleaned some of the stuff up but im not sure about the reason it is going into closed loop and commanding .70 or so Lambda...attached is the log and tune file if someone would have a look and tell me if it is in the tune or what.2012 Wills car 95lbs patch v2.hpt2012 Wills car 95lbs patch.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    It says there is a fault, what are the fault codes ?

Tuner in Training
    p0605

Advanced Tuner
    Possible causes
    An attempt was made to change the calibration
    Module programming error
    Aftermarket performance products
    Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
    PCM harness power supply circuit is open or shorted
    PCM harness ground circuit is open or shorted

P0605 Ford Description
    The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) continuously monitors its own internal memory status, internal circuits, and output signals transmitted to the throttle actuator. This self-check insures that the PCM is functioning properly. If any malfunction is detected or PCM Read Only Memory (ROM) has been corrupted., the PCM sets the P0605 code and illuminates the MIL.

Advanced Tuner
    I have that MIL set to No Error Reported in my Diagnostics tab

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by parker1039 View Post
    p0605
    You need to set this to disabled as ThatWhite5.0 has mentioned if the tune was written using Write Calibration instead of Write Entire. In HP Tuners, it literally pops up a dialog box prior to writing saying that it needs to be disabled. Fix this and then see what happens. This is assuming you have been doing write cal, instead of write entire which you shouldn't be doing anyways unless absolutely necessary.

Let us know if this makes any difference. I'm not sure of the effects of having that code thrown but you never want a fault....

Senior Tuner
    That fault code won't cause any issues. I have somehow forgotten to disable it a few times and customer has stopped by days later for me to disable it.

Advanced Tuner
    Good to know on the fault, thanks. OP is your injector and MAF tuning correct for what you are running? Anyone have other ideas?

Senior Tuner
    I think the Coyote cars act up with Torque Module Switch disabled but I really never try it. Try enabling it again. I just glanced through tune to see if anything stood out checking a couple things I've seen make them do weird things and saw that.