Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with this "FROST" tune

Maybe this is too redundant but anyway:
    The PCM controls the fueling for the 2 banks separately....The sensors constantly tell it whether to go richer or leaner on their banks. So (with switched sensors) if it thinks that a rich bank is lean it will make it richer....too rich....and vice/versa.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    Maybe this is too redundant but anyway:
    The PCM controls the fueling for the 2 banks separately....The sensors constantly tell it whether to go richer or leaner on their banks. So (with switched sensors) if it thinks that a rich bank is lean it will make it richer....too rich....and vice/versa.
    Thankyou. Wish I could test it out on the road now but they sanded and salted everything now and the truck has fresh paint. She will have to hibernate till may now

Tuner in Training
    wayyyy better now that the wiring is swapped! This is just idling up to temp in my driveway. Thanks everyone for the assistance !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1995 rcsb c1500, 5.3L L33 swap, hot cam, long tubes, 5spd

Tuner
    Well, I'm glad you figured it out. It would have never have occurred to me that the banks were swapped.
    Peter Young

1966 LandCruiser FJ40 with 6.0l Gen 3 vortec and 4L80E.
    1984 LandCruiser FJ60 with 5.3l Gen 3 vortec, Magnusen supercharger, and 4L60E

Tuner in Training
    Well, maybe this thread will help some other poor bastard out in the future when they look at my log files with swapped banks 😂.